SKY DISH

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TINTORETO

Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
I have a SKY (Mexico) DISH at home. With this dish and a FTA receiver can I get programming (not Sky programming) from the Intelsat 16 satellite or the other satellite @ 58 degrees West? Please advise as I am very curious about this. Thank you!

What channels are you looking to get at 58 West?

If the dish is big enough, and with a proper LNBF, you may be able to get some Ku signals.

Your size dish will only bring in the ku side of 58w, providing you are near Mexico. Nothing ITC though. Just a few promo channels. At least sd which is what I can check.

Cband is another story but I haven´t been there for quite a while.

I have a SKY (Mexico) DISH at home. With this dish and a FTA receiver can I get programming (not Sky programming) from the Intelsat 16 satellite or the other satellite @ 58 degrees West? Please advise as I am very curious about this. Thank you!

I know most of the Sky dishes are 3 footers (90 cmts) but I have seen some 4 ftrs (1,20 mts) depending on your exact location and maybe using a C band lnb maybe you could get some C band from Intelsat 9 using the larger Sky dish

I know most of the Sky dishes are 3 footers (90 cmts)

Most sky dishes are actually 76 cm. There might be larger ones, but I´ve never seen one at least here in northern Mexico. No need for them here. A 76 cm can get you well over 90%Q.

I recall a couple years ago when I aimed my 1.5 m. offset, cband, conical ring at 58w, it brought in a disappointing 50% or less of tps on lyngsat at that time. I quickly moved away to 99w.

I´m not sure a 1.2 m. could do much better, but maybe there have been tp changes for the better since then.

Where are you at tintoreto?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)