This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Going on number 5...

SHADO 1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
St. louis
Well, one of the fans is going out on my 622...it has a high pitched whine and their is a distinct vibration of the unit. This will be receiver #5 since march, almost once a month...not a good track record. If this one fails, I'm dropping dish...the whole experience from the start has been a nightmare. It took 6 weeks to get the first unit but they made sure to take my money the same day of the order, another 2 to get it installed, replaced units due to HD failures, OTA tuner, constant reboots, taking 4 weeks to get a 1000+ installed, billing errors...you name it. Plus the problem with the last two updates...DISH YOU GET ONE MORE CHANCE!!!

It seems like there may be more at work here than bad units. What was wrong with all the others?

Do you have good air circulation around the 622?. Failures sound heat related to me.

gdarwin said:
Do you have good air circulation around the 622?. Failures sound heat related to me.

The unit sits on a glass shelf in a non-enclosed shelf...so should not be an air circulation problem. All my equipment is plugged into a power conditioner, so it should not be an electrical problem. Yes, the cable from the dish is connected to a grounding block. The last temp reading from the menu screen has a high of 125 degrees...seems a bit high, but not enough to do damage to the HD. Bad luck, maybe, but I know I'm not the only one with these problems.

Receiver #1...Bad OTA turner
Receiver #2...Bad HD
Receiver #3...Always had to reboot daily, unit would lock up
Receiver #4...Bad fan
Receiver #5...??? (I hope not...)

This along with the hoops you have to go through just to get E* to do something right...no wonder I'm ready to drop them.

I believe a high temp of 125 is well within E*'s expected temperature range.

I am fearful that the 622's design and high operating temperatures are going to mean a short life for many of them.

I got two and so far, no problems, except #1 died when the installer unplugged the power during the software update. I have both of my units on UPS's and all my other receivers as well, and my 5 HDTV's and all 5 PC's, routers, DSL modems. The 622's run great on the $35 APC ups FROM MAL-MART

Last edited: