Going to Germany, anything I should have on my FTA shopping list?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

freezy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Land of Sky Blue Water
Going to Germany, anything I should have on my FTA shopping list?

I'm kinda strapped paying for this dang trip. But are there any gadgets I should absolutely get if I see them?

Freezy,

Yes, there are.

Let's see... I want some real German Chocolate, about four lbs. A Topfield TF7700HSCI receiver. One 12 foot C-Band dish and actuator. If you can fit a mount pole in your duffle bag as carry on, that would be great. Oh, and there is a girl there in Arnheim named Edelwies, give her a kiss from me (not too sloppy of one though - NO tongues!). Hee hee! You got all that? Better write it down.

:)

RADAR

Last edited:
I know I can do the chocolate. The dish wont fit in my carry on, I'll try though. The receiver I'll look for. $379 wow. I'd need them to ship it home too.

Original Gouda cheese from the Netherlands not the crappy versions sold around the world including Cuba. Being in Germany so close to the Dutches I think it would be easier, right?

Radar

I can't believe with that big list you forgot the BEER! I was just over there last year and that and the food is something not to forget. Especially if you have time to go over into Plzen (pilsen) in the Czech Republic. Home of Pilsner beer.

Radar

I can't believe with that big list you forgot the BEER! I was just over there last year and that and the food is something not to forget. Especially if you have time to go over into Plzen (pilsen) in the Czech Republic. Home of Pilsner beer.

Well, I figured Freezy would drink it all on the flight home anyway. If he sends it ahead on another flight, that would be OK.

My favorite beer comes not from Germany but from here: Hohola, Papua New Guinea
South Pacific Export Lager. http://www.marcsbeercollection.com/South Pacific Export Lager.htm
It is a Heineken brand.

http://www.thebeerfathers.com/where-to-buy-beer-online/
snicker

RADAR

Last edited:
I already did. Did you know she's actually Swedish? She has 2 kids in high school but still rocks a pair of low rise jeans.

I will be going to Prague. If you want the best Pilzen bier you can get it in the states. It is called Plze?ský Prazdroj known better by its German name Pilsner Urquell. The best ever hands down.

Last edited:
Freezy in Prague keep your wallet really safe, it's a really beatiful city but has the highest pick pocket crime rate in Europe.

If you are into Spectrum analysers the Satlook micro range is worth a look

I know. I was in Prague in 1988. IMO Barcelona was a little worse. Thank goodness I wore heavy jeans otherwise the impromptu massages may have caused man issues to arise.

IMG_2616.JPG

Radar > In my Cyprus setup I use the Topfield you quoted, excellent machine and still available around €80 in Germany. It comes with a seperate power supply and lead to run a hard drive, although I just use a 32gb memory stick in the USB outlet.
regards

Attachments

• IMG_2613.JPG
    IMG_2613.JPG
    402 KB · Views: 204
View attachment 62198

Radar > In my Cyprus setup I use the Topfield you quoted, excellent machine and still available around €80 in Germany. It comes with a seperate power supply and lead to run a hard drive, although I just use a 32gb memory stick in the USB outlet.
regards

Freezy,

Look at these while you are there, if you get a chance. I was making a joke when I referenced it, but it looks like a very nice receiver. I am growing curious. Since Pedro has one and it looks really classy, I am wondering what else TopField has. Do some windowshopping for me if you can. Don't BUY anything, not for me anyway, just look. :)

Pedro,

How well does it work? Does it work well for North American televisions (compatible outputs)? Obviously you liked it enough to buy one, how high would you rate it for use?
I have always wondered about Topfield, but never really thought hard about getting one.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)