Going to Point 97` Where do I start?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well... I was making progress with a 'blindscan' but it has came to a screeching halt... A quick storm developed here in Norman OK the other day and dropped down a possible EF0 tornado. The 100ft powerpoles are all down that surround my neighborhood, some trees uprooted and my fence came crashing down on my FTA dish and pole. I am already in the process of raising another dish and should soon be back up and running. So in the mean time I have two questions. 1) Is there anyone around who is familiar with the CaptiveWorks 600s receiver that I'm using here at my home and 2) My wife really likes the old classic movies from years gone past. Is there such a transponder above that would make her happy in lieu of me getting this system up and functional?.. many thanks

OMG, my son and his wife live in Yukon and he works in Norman. I'm constantly tripping out about them... :eek: Scary place to live !

Once upon a time there was a channel called White Springs that had tons of OLD movies. She would have loved that channel! Sadly, they went off the air for good. :(

About the closest you'll get to that on FTA that I've found is "thisTV".
It's not a true oldies channel but it's pretty good stuff overall, I'm sure she would like it. You might be able to find it on local over the air channels and if not, you can get it on C-band but that is a big undertaking and a larger dish. But a full time oldies channel on free satellite, I don't think there is one any more. :(

Sometimes at midnight on Tuff TV they run old movies but that's pot luck. Usually they are guy movies (it's a guy channel) and they re-run stuff on there a lot. Maybe 3 times a month they might have a movie I'll watch at midnight. I always check at midnight but usually just click back to the Untouchables on MeTV..

There are three channels that run old TV shows that she would likely enjoy, RTV, thisTV and MeTV.

You can get RTV with a small ku dish. ThisTV and meTV are on C-band. It's more $$ to build a Cband, it's harder to setup too and more complicated but in the end it's well worth it. Those last two channels alone are my new staples.. :D

Attachments

• IMG_3941b.resized.JPG
    IMG_3941b.resized.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 96
You should be able to pick up Rtv (45.2) , Antenna Tv (4.3) and ThisTv (5.2) with an over the air antenna. They are all broadcast on the digital subchannels of the OKC stations.

Thanks for the great replies and great picture Dee_Ann.. Are the Rtv , Antenna TV and ThisTV simply over the air signals? thanks..

In Norman a decent antenna will get you those over the air signals. Rtv is on the Azteca affiliate so I am not sure how strong their over the air signal is on digital channel 45.2. Antenna TV and ThisTv should be easy to get. If you get KFOR and KOCO then you will get the subchannels on 4.3 and 5.2. You will also get the The Cooltv and The Country Network on KOCB and KOKH's subchannels.

The benefit of getting it from the satellite is usually a slightly better picture quality and then there are so many other things to receive from satellite too.

Thanks for the info.. ..My son just tuned into RTV and is excited about some of the shows to be had.. Kinda raised my wife's eyebrows too.. We will try for some of the other signals soon..

Well, I'm trying to climb back in the saddle here in Norman..

I have resurrected the dish and receiver and have completed a manual search of PIXL's recommended transponder. I'm getting a signal strength of 68-9% , but once completed I don't know which way to turn in order to see what I just scanned (if anything). One of my worst enemies may be the Chinese to English translation of the manual, which doesnt tell one how to do anything -and- the menu system doesnt really help me to get where I need to be either.. kinda frustrating.. I need to link up with someone who is very familiar with this receiver (CaptiveWorks CW-600s)...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)