Going to upgrade my audio equipment, opinions welcome

I don't know, the Radia has an interesting design but for the price I could have either of these monsters:

eD A7-700 - dual 15" 1300 watts RMS
Elemental Designs
DSCF1201_main.jpg

Epik Conquest - 18" extreme excursion 1000 watts RMS
Epik Subwoofer Conquest Overview
Conquest-picture.jpg

Last edited:
Had a coworker back at HP who built a subwoofer horn, based on Klipschhorn specs, but tuned to an 18 Hz resonance. He folded the horn, and fed it with an 18 inch driver, but it still stuck out over 10 feet into the room and the output of the horn was over 5 foot square. He fed it with a homebrew tube amp. The output stages were a pair of KW power drivers in push pull, putting out close to 2 kW.

Simply unbelievable smooth and powerful bass. He had an entire floor of his house dedicated to that room and needed it all.

I think the 1909 fits everything I need, and I can get it off Amazon for $650. Looking at my post Christmas cash and gift cards, I can get the 3 DT speakers and a 1909. All I need then is a sub :)

Im a little leary of CCity ;)

One final question:

RX-V663BL yamaha

Where does Yamaha stand in all of those. They seem to have more ratings than Denon and people say they are great rcvr's.

I think the 1909 fits everything I need, and I can get it off Amazon for $650. Looking at my post Christmas cash and gift cards, I can get the 3 DT speakers and a 1909. All I need then is a sub :)

I wouldn't worry about CC. Anything you buy there will be new with a warranty and you don't need to ever deal with them. I don't buy anything from CC or BB unless it's clearance, discounted, on sale, and coupons are available too.

It's worth a look see to save a couple hundred.

Now call into eD and get your sub into the assembly line or buy your driver and start building a sonosub!

I wouldn't worry about CC. Anything you buy there will be new with a warranty and you don't need to ever deal with them. I don't buy anything from CC or BB unless it's clearance, discounted, on sale, and coupons are available too.

It's worth a look see to save a couple hundred.

Now call into eD and get your sub into the assembly line or buy your driver and start building a sonosub!

Hehe.

For subs, I like my puny little Carver Sunfire. Here's it's current version on the SunFire website. I liked that I could fit this 10"x10"x10" box just about anywhere and get incredible low-end with a high WAF.

I just bought a new receiver.....
In it came today and I don't even have it hooked up yet.....

My system
Pioneer VSX 1018 AH-K
Velodyne HGS 18
Klipsch Quintet II

The sub makes they system, the Klipsch and the Velodyne sub are a great set for me. Now with the new receiver it should really kick.....

Put the money into speakers, and then decide if you need to upgrade your receiver. I'm betting you'll decide that your ONKYO is just fine. A new receiver really won't make as much of an impression as new speakers will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)