Golden Media Spark Triplex receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ya I am not familiar with the spark system but it seems interesting. There are lots of channels streamed online that I would watch that aren't available FTA. Not sure how many of these would work with a receiver like this but I won't be getting a monthly TV subscription any time soon. I would like to know if anyone has had success with the streaming of channels/multimedia functions on this beyond youtube etc.

The Spark streaming system works as good as any other, depending on your internet connection quality. Be aware, though, that unless you buy a receiver from an authorized North American dealer, the pre-programmed streams will mostly be European (which may or may not work depending on whether the broadcasters care about where your IP address is located.) The American dealers (for the Amiko Alien series, there are none for the Golden Media series) have set up a nice system with some American channels, but you can't use it on unauthorized receivers.

AND --- not all of us have true high speed internet.... OR commercial power.... OR land line phone OR ..... wxyz abcde BUT we have open line of sight from horizon to horizon. And we have TRUE FTA. Do we want all that power hungry stuff on our property? Not this family...

I'm pretty sure most of these receivers draw little energy.

Furthermore most of the folks in this thread are trolling. I am merely looking for people who have experience with this receiver.

Looking at your pictures it says something about spark on the receiver.
As far as I remember the Amiko Alien2 is running some programs on sparks.

I have never used the Spark system. I have an openbox S9/S10 and an X2 receiver and am interested in something with more bells and whistles.

I went ahead and picked one of these up so I will be adding much more info once I test it out. Hopefully by next week sometime.

helpp
i'm have golden media wizard hd receiver and i'm do upgrade by usb Accidentally i'm put on my usb "ALI360X-upgrade-tool.zip that have abs file" after upgrade The reciever doesn't work it not go into operating system please if u can help tell what to do ? how i'm can upgrade it again !??

Well I picked one of these receivers up and its pretty nice. Similar to the Amiko Alien 2 with the Spark operating system. A few features that I like are WebTV, the Spark Portal, and Webserver TV.

WebTV allows you to watch live internet streams by entering the URL into the menu. I have found many that work, and many that do not. It would be great if more could be done with this as there are many streams available online.

The Spark portal has different applications and games that you can choose from. Not sure who updates the list but there are many foreign apps in this section.

The Webserver TV function is my personal favorite as it allows you to stream most any satellite channel back to your PC provided you have enough internet speed. The great thing about this is you can stream 4:2:2 channels live to your PC! It also allows you to change channels remotely VIA PC.

The channel selection with this receiver is my favorite hands down. The interface is the easiest I have used. It allows you to view a list of satellites and a list of channels for each satellite where pressing the left arrow brings you back to the satellite list. I will have to post a picture to explain it better but it is the most user friendly IMO.

There is a popular Enigma operating system available for these which I have not yet tried which has different functions.

The Golden Media Spark One is basically the same thing but only has 1 satellite tuner. GM.jpg

Last edited:
IMO, an FTA box should be just an FTA box. If I want multimedia, i'll use my laptop. I rather these companies concentrate on improving boxes (faster scanning, 4:2:2, OTA tuner) rather than overloading them w/ media options which arent necessary.. just my 2 cents.

Cheers, K

I kind of agree, well minus a OTA tuner since all tv's have that built in these days. I would not mind them to have iptv service and able to play free web services though since that is also free and not everyone has a ps3 and I am not a fan off the buggy smart tv's.

remote option

There is a cool app for this receiver that works with android which allows you to use your android device as a remote control. It works great. I also found a feature that allows you to stream 4:2:2 from this receiver to your PC provided you have enough internet speed. '

For instance, you would tune into one of the 4:2:2 news feeds on C-band. You then setup the web tv function with your IP address information and it will stream the 4:2:2 channel to your PC where you can watch it live! The best part is you can change the channels from your PC with the menus.

Attachments

• webstreamtv.jpg
    webstreamtv.jpg
    503.2 KB · Views: 168
  • keypad.jpg
    keypad.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 156
  • remote.jpg
    remote.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)