Good Books

I read the 9th Judgement by James Patterson tonight. Dang good book. I love those chicks together. I couldn't put my phone down til I finished. Good thing I can sleep in... :D

I just finished No Mercy by John Gilstrap. I thought it was a dang good book. It was the first book I completed using my kindle for android app. I will definitely be reading more from this author.

I might just buy it online and send it to my phone since I got the kindle app for android. That would be cool.

I've been reading a variety of things, mostly because I'm doing the summer program for 4 kids at our library. 2 of them can read (my nieces) and my two can't obviously. I read the first of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. It's a very odd series, definitely not typical for a children's book. The kids didn't like the first one, so I don't have to read them out loud anymore and they only take me about an hour or two a book, so I'm finishing the series. I only have 12 and 13 left. Then I have Harlan Coben's Caught to read. I've been putting it off until I finish the Lemony Snicket's; I'm totally ready for something adult to read.

I dont know how old your kids are...but my 16yo (almost 17) has been reading the Vampire Assistant series to my younger ones. (like the movie that came out) They were sooo disappointed with the movie! LOL My girls are 8/9/13.

The 9yo just started reading the Lightning Thief for her Summer Reading Book. She likes it so far. got the movie for her to compare to at the end of the book.

Trying to figure out what book for my 8yo--shes going to be 8nxt wk. She got James & the Giant Peach, but I think its a little above her reading level even though she tells me its not.

I'm more into educational/inspirational books personally :eek:-Geek to the core. Read Molecules of Emotion by Candace Pert. last wk. & have been reading What The Bleep do We Know. Saw the movie--figured I'd compare to the Book; supposedly has more info. THOUGH I did read Slash's bio abt a month ago...that was really informative! I'm a die-hard fan! Hes sooo hot!

I want to read the Lightning Thief too, but our library only has one copy, so I'm on the waiting list for it.

I haven't heard of the Vampire's Assistant, but anything vampire I'll check out.

I want to read the Lightning Thief too, but our library only has one copy, so I'm on the waiting list for it.

I haven't heard of the Vampire's Assistant, but anything vampire I'll check out.

You prob havent heard of it b/c my children corrected me! ugh...my bad I'm sorry.

Cirque du Freak series. The kids call it the Vampires Assistant! I wanna say there are like 14 books in the series, but obviously I've been wrong before.

My older daughter (16yo) when she got over the whole Twilight Saga thing she moved on to the Vampire Diaries, but was PO'd when they made the TV series and stopped reading them. Kids! I have to admit I got her into the whole vampire thing, but it was when they were younger and we researched FACTS (believe it or not). Now shes obsessed with them.

Finally got around to reading the last two Lemony Snicket's Unfortunate Events books, and I have to say, they are unconventional. I wasn't impressed with the ending, but the series as a whole was ok. I do want to watch the movie to see if it makes any more sense than the books did.

Finally got around to reading the last two Lemony Snicket's Unfortunate Events books, and I have to say, they are unconventional. I wasn't impressed with the ending, but the series as a whole was ok. I do want to watch the movie to see if it makes any more sense than the books did.

Have you watched the movie yet? I watched it in the theaters back in whatever year it came out (04?). It was WEIRD! Not horrible, but weird!

On another note, has anyone read Eat Pray Love? I'm contemplating reading it to see if it lives up to the hype.

I haven't had a chance to rent it yet. I thought my nieces had it, but I was wrong.

I'm on the waiting list to read Eat Pray Love, I thought maybe I could just go get it, cuz it's not a new book right? But with the movie coming out and all the publicity it is getting, I'm like 10th in line.

I haven't had a chance to rent it yet. I thought my nieces had it, but I was wrong.

I'm on the waiting list to read Eat Pray Love, I thought maybe I could just go get it, cuz it's not a new book right? But with the movie coming out and all the publicity it is getting, I'm like 10th in line.

I started Eat Pray Love Friday night. I haven't gotten very far into it yet, as I had a busy weekend. It is a slow start compared to most books I read, but I'm enjoying it so far.

I am currently reading the book Hidden Records by Wayne Herschel a SouthAfrican researcher looking into ancient stuff piramids and the story behind ancient civilizations and their gods, and how he has discovered many cultures indicate these gods came from another planet in another star system... he goes about providing his conclusions, the book is well ilustrated...

1. I liked Robert Ludlums thrillers so I just picked up "The Bourne Deception" written by Eric Van Lustbader.
2. Last year someone bugged me about "October Sky" which I finally rented two weeks ago and I thought it was a good movie.
3 I believe it is impossible for a movie to be as good as a book because a director cannot interpret the book as well as your own mind has created the scenes

Given the teenage characters, I was leery of The Portal at first, but it draws you in, and is a quick easy read. Well worth the $.99 for the Kindle book.

Kindle 3 is just a few days away. :) :hungry:

Those deals are what I love about my Kindle! There are a lot of books I would've never paid hardback or even paperback prices for, but at prices like $0.99, $1.99, etc.. I'm broadening my horizons! :)

Those deals are what I love about my Kindle! There are a lot of books I would've never paid hardback or even paperback prices for, but at prices like $0.99, $1.99, etc.. I'm broadening my horizons! :)

The sub-$2 deals are more common today than the free ones they used to have; I just hate these publishers trying to sell books for $12.95, when you can get the actual paperback for less.

that said... my Kindle 3 shipped today. :D Should have it tomorrow. Can't wait.

The sub-$2 deals are more common today than the free ones they used to have; I just hate these publishers trying to sell books for $12.95, when you can get the actual paperback for less.

that said... my Kindle 3 shipped today. :D Should have it tomorrow. Can't wait.

I agree. It hurt to click "buy" on Eat Pray Love the other night @ $12.99. The only reason I went ahead and did it was because I still had ~$15 left on an Amazon gift card that my In-Law's gave me for my birthday a few months ago.

Awesome! Let me know how you like it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)