Good bye and Good luck!!

Juan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
Dish network has been a wonderful experience!! Channels added and unfortunately channels lost. I have been on this roller coaster since 2002!! But enough is enough !!!! Time to pull the plug. At 7pm my new comcast cable box is up and active. I no longer worry about what channels will pulled and for how long!!

I used to luv dish network and I do wish season' greetings to Dish Sub's everywhere!!

Juan

Dish network has been a wonderful experience!! Channels added and unfortunately channels lost. I have been on this roller coaster since 2002!! But enough is enough !!!! Time to pull the plug. At 7pm my new comcast cable box is up and active. I no longer worry about what channels will pulled and for how long!!

I used to luv dish network and I do wish season' greetings to Dish Sub's everywhere!!

Juan
As said MANY TIMES, you were "Jaun in a Million".

Comcast must be better negotiators than Dish and Direct because I can't remember them losing a channel here in.....in.....well can't remember ever. Must be every other day I read about a dispute with dish or direct and some channel.

Comcast must be better negotiators than Dish and Direct because I can't remember them losing a channel here in.....in.....well can't remember ever. Must be every other day I read about a dispute with dish or direct and some channel.
You have 358 posts, you must be aware DISH generally costs much less than Comcrap. They are not better negotiators, how hard is it to simply agree with whatever or close to whatever the programmers asks for? And BTW - they own some of the same programming DISH has to negotiate for.

Comcast around here is so expensive and crappy for what you pay for that hardly anyone sticks with them unless they are stupid. Dish is the best way to go out of any provider. I have Comcast internet but Dish TV and so far even with a few channels taken off for disputes its still the best and cheapest way to go.

Yes. It really is about choices. Some just want their channels and will simply pay the bill whatever it is. Equipment just isn't important. There are plenty of people who want that, I'm not judging. But there are others who just can't or won't pay the higher prices when even DISH is already expensive enough. And they also want the better equipment. So they will put up with losing channels for awhile. They also know disputes have happened more and more with Direct TV and unlike in the past with Cable also.

Reactions: Rwwatson
Comcast had some near misses. The last one i remember was the NFL Network. That happened a short while after i joined Dish. In fact, i read about it here as a lurking guest, if I'm right on my time line. Remember though, although we haven't experienced many disputes with Comcast, we used to say that about DirecTV. The landscape is changing.

Reactions: Tampa8
i hope you will enjoy your new provider when they drop channels too, because sooner or later, every provider will be temporary dropping channels as disputes are becoming the norm and the government won't change the retransmission laws that have existed sine the early 90s.
Maybe I will keep both..cable + internet is 79 bucks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)