Good bye and Good luck!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I hope cable works out for those of you have have it. I myself could not stand going to Mediacom which is the only option here. The only other provider I would ever switch to would be DirecTV since it's similar to Dish.

So long juan,enjoy your cable service.Charter is really pimping the spectrum service here,but by the time we get the equipment we prefer its about the same price as dish,with inferior equipment.So as long as dish doesn't go crazy on rate hikes we will stick with them for tv,nettalk for phone,and charter for internet.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I hope cable works out for those of you have have it. I myself could not stand going to Mediacom which is the only option here. The only other provider I would ever switch to would be DirecTV since it's similar to Dish.
Same here. I'm a sat guy through & through. Streaming, cable, IPTV are all no no's in our house. If I didn't have Direct you better believe we'd have Dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That seems rather close-minded.

For some there really aren't any other options other than crappy cable. I'm fine with streaming but not for my main source of TV. My wife and I watch a lot of live sports and I can't depend solely on my internet.

It might have helped if you quoted Haller's post. That was 3 days ago and 13 posts back...
I did. Post #37. I quoted Haller's post and asked about Fios being part of Verizon. Harshness then quoted me and said Fios isn't always Verizon, which had nothing to do with my point.

For some there really aren't any other options other than crappy cable. I'm fine with streaming but not for my main source of TV. My wife and I watch a lot of live sports and I can't depend solely on my internet.
Yes. But, things change so rapidly nowadays that to preclude alternative technologies out-of-hand seems rather illogical to me.

Same here. I'm a sat guy through & through. Streaming, cable, IPTV are all no no's in our house. If I didn't have Direct you better believe we'd have Dish.

Satellite TV? Sure. Satellite internet? I lived with that since 2002 until recently, when I changed to a new WISP in our area...a welcome change. Satellite internet is NOT for those who want to enjoy the benefits of the modern internet, but it IS better than dial up. Do you have satellite phone?

It's not that I'm against streaming, it's just that we have 2 sat subscriptions now, Bell & Direct. We really only have Bell for 3 reasons. CFL football & the superstations in HD for me and most importantly is local news from the wife's home town. If she can't watch that everyday then there's big trouble. Plus we purchase a lot of BD's movies & series, so with all that we are already so behind on a lot of shows as is, let alone adding streaming to the mix. Now cable I've never been a fan of.

Satellite TV? Sure. Satellite internet? I lived with that since 2002 until recently, when I changed to a new WISP in our area...a welcome change. Satellite internet is NOT for those who want to enjoy the benefits of the modern internet, but it IS better than dial up. Do you have satellite phone?
No internet & cell phones not through sat of course.

I'm envious. I wish we had a cable provider in Des Moines that offered a comparable alternative to satellite.
I wish we had a cable provider here. For internet that is certainly not for TV. TWC owns the area around us but refuses to run the lines through our small town because they say there are not enough customers to make it worthwhile. My parents have TWC and their HD and DVR is underwhelming at best compared toy 2 HWS 3 Joey system. I am jealous of their internet though because it crushes our DSL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts