Good bye and Good luck!!

Maybe I will keep both..cable + internet is 79 bucks

Mediacom here offered to add their 'Prime TV' to my internet only for $30 more per month for 1 year and a $10 increase in the 2nd year. But adding a TIVO from them and the other packages I would want ended up being not such a great deal and I would be missing some channels I wanted that they don't have and Dish does.

I get non-scrambled SD digital channels with my 15GB cable internet service for $70 per month bundled with phone service - they do not tell anyone that it is there, if you try it you can get it.

Cable has the fastest internet available in the area, so when we got the Hopper we went from 0.5up/1.5down with DSL to 3.0up/15.0down with cable and the TV channels are just there.

Adds SEC, Longhorn WGN, my RSN and several other networks that I do not get with Dish AT120.

If you can live with some SD channels for free, it could be a consideration.

Dish network has been a wonderful experience!! Channels added and unfortunately channels lost. I have been on this roller coaster since 2002!! But enough is enough !!!! Time to pull the plug. At 7pm my new comcast cable box is up and active. I no longer worry about what channels will pulled and for how long!!

I used to luv dish network and I do wish season' greetings to Dish Sub's everywhere!!

Juan
COMCAST!!!!!!! They are the most evil, and among the most expensive out there. Huh, good luck to anybody with Cable. At least the most expensive DirecTV gets you a Genie.

Reactions: Tampa8
When I got comcast after dropping dish, dish alone was over the cost of comcast triple play. I saved BIG BUCKS dropping dish. espically since greedy charlie jacked the extra receiver price from 5 bucks to 17 bucks per receiver which I owned...

I bought tivos with lifetime service, cable cards are under 4 bucks each

Speaking of competition:)

I was at wallmart and they had some Fios sales people trying to sell that crap service. I waited till they got busy and were ready to sign up some victims. I stepped up and ranted about my horrible experience, with sucky RUDE tech support, endless phone auto attendandts to prevent the customer from talking to a human, non working phone for 3 months. there were contracts then it was against company policy to let anyone out of a contract even if the service didnt work...

The Fios reps did there best to get rid of me, I said you must be well trained since my experience is so common.:)

I actually felt bad for the reps. But FIOS deserves my hatred

Reactions: KazooGuy
i hope you will enjoy your new provider when they drop channels too, because sooner or later, every provider will be temporary dropping channels as disputes are becoming the norm and the government won't change the retransmission laws that have existed sine the early 90s.

Yes, every sysop will have provider issues. But some sysops will handle the disputes better than others.

You'll be back in 60 days!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I dropped dish 140 days ago and I have not returned and have no intention of doing so. Why do you feel so confident you are the arbitrator of what is best for an individual? DISH was good for me for 11 years and once it became less I moved on. In my case my local cable company provides as good PQ as DISH, has more HD than DISH and for what I want to watch is cheaper than DISH. Stop feeling DISH is superior for EVERY person's needs, it clearly is not!

I dropped dish 140 days ago and I have not returned and have no intention of doing so. Why do you feel so confident you are the arbitrator of what is best for an individual? DISH was good for me for 11 years and once it became less I moved on. In my case my local cable company provides as good PQ as DISH, has more HD than DISH and for what I want to watch is cheaper than DISH. Stop feeling DISH is superior for EVERY person's needs, it clearly is not!

I'm envious. I wish we had a cable provider in Des Moines that offered a comparable alternative to satellite.

You have 358 posts, you must be aware DISH generally costs much less than Comcrap. They are not better negotiators, how hard is it to simply agree with whatever or close to whatever the programmers asks for? And BTW - they own some of the same programming DISH has to negotiate for.
Comcast does offer some killer promo pricing. And, once the promo ends, you call up, threaten to cancel, and they give you promo pricing for another 12 months. (Just like SiriusXM.)

As far as quality goes, that's the real crapshoot. There is no consistency from area to area. Some have great PQ, some crap. Some have very good (never great) equipment, some have crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tampa8
Stop making sense.

Comcast is offering 220 channels, HD DVR and 50 mb internet for $114 here in San Francisco. I'm paying $104 just for Dish.
Of course when the 12 months is up, they'll typically be asking upwards of $200 for the same service. Many have offered theories about threatening to leave but I haven't seen anyone crow about having successfully made such a deal.

Of course when the 12 months is up, they'll typically be asking upwards of $200 for the same service. Many have offered theories about threatening to leave but I haven't seen anyone crow about having successfully made such a deal.
I've done it successfully multiple times when I was a Comcast sub.

Reactions: Mr Tony
When I got comcast after dropping dish, dish alone was over the cost of comcast triple play. I saved BIG BUCKS dropping dish. espically since greedy charlie jacked the extra receiver price from 5 bucks to 17 bucks per receiver which I owned...

I bought tivos with lifetime service, cable cards are under 4 bucks each

Speaking of competition:)

I was at wallmart and they had some Fios sales people trying to sell that crap service. I waited till they got busy and were ready to sign up some victims. I stepped up and ranted about my horrible experience, with sucky RUDE tech support, endless phone auto attendandts to prevent the customer from talking to a human, non working phone for 3 months. there were contracts then it was against company policy to let anyone out of a contract even if the service didnt work...

The Fios reps did there best to get rid of me, I said you must be well trained since my experience is so common.:)

I actually felt bad for the reps. But FIOS deserves my hatred
I thought Fios was Verizon.

Because he dropped it because of the CBS Dispute and Ckmcast blows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dropped Dish almost a month ago after I called the cable company and they offered to bundle my tv with all channels andPhone and Internet for about $50 more dollars a month than I paid just for Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)