Good bye puny dish.. Hello Big Dish!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Looks like I finally got a line on a C-band dish.. I am going to go check it out tomorrow, all I know is that its mesh, and about 8 feet.. other then that, I am going in blind.

At least the price is right.. $0!

heh.. I got the dish home.. Its going to need a little work.. I have all the pieces, but alot of the hardware needs replacing (rusted out).. It appears to be a M/A-Com M2001, either a 8.5 or 9 foot dish from eyeballing it. I will measure it in the morning.

There are three mesh panels not in the dish, but I have them all, just need to be put back in.

This came with a motorized mount, its one beastly little H-H motor! Its not your normal c-band actuator and polarmount, its more like a glorified SG2100.

I am going to tinker with it on saturday, see if I can get some analog channels just by lifting it up, and pointing in the sky.. I dont really have anywhere to mount it at the moment, and its getting colder outside very quickly, so my time to even play is dwindling.

But, I cant wait to mount up my c/ku feedhorn.. I will have to buy another ku lnb and probably one more c band lnb to complete the whole setup.

oops, forgot pictures...

I keep looking at this thing, and then my 90cm dish, and the hefty bag commercial pops in my head "HEFTY, HEFTY, HEFTY!.. wimpy, wimpy, wimpy...."

Attachments

• DSC01994.jpg
    DSC01994.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC01995.jpg
    DSC01995.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC01996.jpg
    DSC01996.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC01997.jpg
    DSC01997.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 212
Yes, free is good! I just hope that you can get that motor mount up and running. I have never seen one of those. Can anyone give us a little insight as to what it is?

Its a big ole 36v motor with a worm gear on it.. I have seen them on other peoples threads...

I am in the process of taking everything apart to clean it, replace old steel hardware, and repaint things.. I may disassemble the motor and refurb that too (new grease, paint, replace hardware)

The thing that confuses me the most right now is the fact that the feedhorn mount is a metal pole that connects to the middle of the feedhorn... I dont see how signal can pass thru that??

I may "upgrade" that to a tri or quad pole mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts