Status
Please reply by conversation.

shugo77

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 9, 2005
Heart of Dixie
Seeing since my 1 year commitment with D* just ended, I figured I would do like so many others and see what kind of sweet deal I could get.

I called retentions directly and was very polite with the CSR and asked her strait forward if I could get a deal. She asked if I was interested in equipment or programming. Since I already have an HDTIVO, I said programming. She didn't even hesitate and gave me the following;

Free Showtime pack for 6 months
HBO pack for $2/month for 6 months
Additional $10/month credit on my bill for 6 months

I was surprised that I didn't even have to agree to a new 1 or 2 year commitment.
Good job keeping me happy, D* (at least for another 6 months);)

They may not have told you about an extension but if I were you I'd check myDirecTV in about week.

projectorsrule said:
They may not have told you about an extension but if I were you I'd check myDirecTV in about week.

I specifically asked the CSR "Am I required to agree to a programming commitment?" The csr said "No, a commitment is not required, but we certainly hope you stay with us for a long time"

I actually made the call three days ago, and as of right now, this is what my programming summary looks like;

Programming Service

DIRECTV DVR Service
We Appreciate Your Business -
To Our Valued Customer:
To Our Valued Customers
HBO
TOTAL CHOICE PLUS-no locals
SHOWTIME
HD Package
Additional Receiver

A week ago it said in this same area that I had a one year commitment, now it does not, and I have all the freebees mentioned above. My current activity actually shows free Showtime along with two $5 credits and one $10 credit. No mention of a commitment.

I think the commitment, only comes with the addition of equipment.
2 yrs for HD and 1yr for SD.

The commitments are to cover the cost of the receivers.

Jimbo

I called and asked if there were any programming deals. I got HBO/Starz/Showtime/Cinemax/Sports Pack as a freebie for two months. It makes the pain of my H20 reboot issues and earlier problems last fall with the dish a bit easier. At least its a favorable customer service move.

I spoke with the D* customer retention dept last night and complained about the lack of HD channels on D* and how I was thinking of going to E* or cable etc. The rep told me that they will probably be adding TNT-HD & NGC-HD He wouldnt give me a date because he didnt want to tell me something he didnt know for a fact. He was one of the most knowledgable rep's i've ever spoken to. Oh yeah he gave me $5 amonth of my bill for a year and two free months all the movie channels plus the sports pack. Doesnt solve the programming problem but its a nice perk.
:hatsoff:

Maybe its just me or people are talking about their deals more, But DTV seems to be giving more programing "deals" as of late?

Last edited:
I would think that would have to be a great deal, to get MLB package for only 9.00!!!

satjay said:
Maybe its just me or people are talking about their deals more, But DTV seems to be giving more programing "deals" as of late?

Thats because D* is becoming a pile of steaming dung. And they will do just about anything to keep subs.

i just called retention and asked if there were any progamming specials they have going on.. (just kinda played dumb.. I knew all along that I only wanted mlb package.. but you gotta play their game) after a few minutes I just explained that I was looking for a deal on mlb.. and then I kind of led her from there.. I suggested the $20 credit for 6 months.. and then she added the $5 credit.. so at the end.. I am being billed for mlb at $179, then they gave me $20 credit for 6 months and then they added $5 general retention credit for 10 months - I have 10 months left on my comitment. I also have 5 hearts so that may help too

jim

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)