Good Deal from Retention Dept.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shugo77

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jan 9, 2005
Heart of Dixie
Seeing since my 1 year commitment with D* just ended, I figured I would do like so many others and see what kind of sweet deal I could get.

I called retentions directly and was very polite with the CSR and asked her strait forward if I could get a deal. She asked if I was interested in equipment or programming. Since I already have an HDTIVO, I said programming. She didn't even hesitate and gave me the following;

Free Showtime pack for 6 months
HBO pack for $2/month for 6 months
Additional $10/month credit on my bill for 6 months

I was surprised that I didn't even have to agree to a new 1 or 2 year commitment.
Good job keeping me happy, D* (at least for another 6 months);)

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
SHADO
They may not have told you about an extension but if I were you I'd check myDirecTV in about week.

shugo77

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jan 9, 2005
Heart of Dixie
projectorsrule said:
They may not have told you about an extension but if I were you I'd check myDirecTV in about week.

I specifically asked the CSR "Am I required to agree to a programming commitment?" The csr said "No, a commitment is not required, but we certainly hope you stay with us for a long time"

I actually made the call three days ago, and as of right now, this is what my programming summary looks like;

Programming Service

DIRECTV DVR Service
We Appreciate Your Business -
To Our Valued Customer:
To Our Valued Customers
HBO
TOTAL CHOICE PLUS-no locals
SHOWTIME
HD Package
Additional Receiver

A week ago it said in this same area that I had a one year commitment, now it does not, and I have all the freebees mentioned above. My current activity actually shows free Showtime along with two $5 credits and one $10 credit. No mention of a commitment.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I think the commitment, only comes with the addition of equipment.
2 yrs for HD and 1yr for SD.

The commitments are to cover the cost of the receivers.

Jimbo

Proc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 14, 2005
Motown
I called and asked if there were any programming deals. I got HBO/Starz/Showtime/Cinemax/Sports Pack as a freebie for two months. It makes the pain of my H20 reboot issues and earlier problems last fall with the dish a bit easier. At least its a favorable customer service move.

Logic 7

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 1, 2006
Rockford , IL
I spoke with the D* customer retention dept last night and complained about the lack of HD channels on D* and how I was thinking of going to E* or cable etc. The rep told me that they will probably be adding TNT-HD & NGC-HD He wouldnt give me a date because he didnt want to tell me something he didnt know for a fact. He was one of the most knowledgable rep's i've ever spoken to. Oh yeah he gave me $5 amonth of my bill for a year and two free months all the movie channels plus the sports pack. Doesnt solve the programming problem but its a nice perk.
:hatsoff:

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Maybe its just me or people are talking about their deals more, But DTV seems to be giving more programing "deals" as of late?

Last edited:

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
I would think that would have to be a great deal, to get MLB package for only 9.00!!!

bill94

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 6, 2006
Hamilton, NJ
satjay said:
Maybe its just me or people are talking about their deals more, But DTV seems to be giving more programing "deals" as of late?

Thats because D* is becoming a pile of steaming dung. And they will do just about anything to keep subs.

jim tressler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 15, 2004
i just called retention and asked if there were any progamming specials they have going on.. (just kinda played dumb.. I knew all along that I only wanted mlb package.. but you gotta play their game) after a few minutes I just explained that I was looking for a deal on mlb.. and then I kind of led her from there.. I suggested the $20 credit for 6 months.. and then she added the $5 credit.. so at the end.. I am being billed for mlb at $179, then they gave me $20 credit for 6 months and then they added $5 general retention credit for 10 months - I have 10 months left on my comitment. I also have 5 hearts so that may help too

jim

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts