Good Deal from Retention Dept.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just called and got HBO for $2/month for 6 months plus free Showtime for 6 months..

Not bad..

I recived 20.00 off my bill Showtime free for Six months also...Whoo Hoo!!!...And a Retention person who was very talkative!!!..Well it got me the special...Oh Well!!!

I've already been through the $5 off for 12 months, Showtime + HBO for $2 for 6 months.
Think I can get a second round if I call them?:D

cal87 said:
I've already been through the $5 off for 12 months, Showtime + HBO for $2 for 6 months.
Think I can get a second round if I call them?:D

When My current 6 month deal ends in August, you can bet that I will be calling back in search of a new deal. I say, give it a try and let us know how it gooes.:cool:

I would give a second call...It is the luck of the draw with retention, as I mentioned earlier, I got a very friendly and talkative retention person..We talked movies and BS stuff, Good Luck!!!!

jim tressler said:
i just called retention and asked if there were any progamming specials they have going on.. (just kinda played dumb.. I knew all along that I only wanted mlb package.. but you gotta play their game) after a few minutes I just explained that I was looking for a deal on mlb.. and then I kind of led her from there.. I suggested the $20 credit for 6 months.. and then she added the $5 credit.. so at the end.. I am being billed for mlb at $179, then they gave me $20 credit for 6 months and then they added $5 general retention credit for 10 months - I have 10 months left on my comitment. I also have 5 hearts so that may help too

jim

you mean you WAS 5 hearts, i'v herd that if you call in asking for "freebies" too much it will start to lower you rating.

ya know, I didn't know that adding a DVR was an automatic commitment for 2 years. Is there any use in calling rentention about this and complaining? Can anything be done?

I also didn't use the $100 rebate because of this exact reason. Will they maybe give me a $100 credit if I complain enough?

romanus said:
ya know, I didn't know that adding a DVR was an automatic commitment for 2 years. Is there any use in calling rentention about this and complaining? Can anything be done?

I also didn't use the $100 rebate because of this exact reason. Will they maybe give me a $100 credit if I complain enough?

Call and ask?

Most folks read the contract or agreement before installation. Don't know why so many folks look for ways to get something from D*. Call, ask. If they say no, then carry on with life...

The problem with all of you bargain hunters is...you're taking advantage of the system. In time, the abuses will be noted and the retention incentives removed. Then, when you have a REAL problem, there will be nothing to offer.

mikew said:
Most folks read the contract or agreement before installation. Don't know why so many folks look for ways to get something from D*. Call, ask. If they say no, then carry on with life...

The problem with all of you bargain hunters is...you're taking advantage of the system. In time, the abuses will be noted and the retention incentives removed. Then, when you have a REAL problem, there will be nothing to offer.

I'm not trying to abuse the system. I'm just wondering if I can at least get the rebate from D* because I just figured, like I'm sure many others did, that if you didn't take the rebate there would be no long term agreement.

I got the DVR in December of last year so I'm not sure if I'm still eligable for the rebate. If anyone knows for sure, that'd be helpful.

It's almost too late... but if you activated before March 31st, you have until the end of April to send in your rebate form. Remember, you need your proof of purchase for the DVR and a copy of your first month's bill with the DVR and DVR service on it to qualify for the rebate.

romanus said:

Romanus,
I purchased my DVR in February from CC and my rebate form only stated that to receive the rebate "within 30 days of purchase, subscribe to D* DVR service when you activate your D* System with a two-year programming commitment." so I did not mail it in. Nowhere does the form say that the 2 year commitment was required to activate the system. When my next bill showed a 2 year commitment I complained to CSR and read them what my rebate form said. They eventually took the commitment off my account.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)