Good deal on directv hr-24 dvr receivers right now on amazon.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gib4500

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Ohio
I have found out about really good deals on hr-24 dvr receivers on amazon. Just a heads up i think the price for it was around the 200 dollar mark yesterday. Now today it is only $109.99. Just thought i would let everyone here know. I pulled the trigger on one at that price. Just remember if you buy one you are still leasing the unit and it will restart a 24 month commitment.

Im gonna pull the trigger on two of these.. Too good to pass up, and might as well do it now while I'm still less than a month in so the restart makes no difference.. Gonna get HDTVs for the SD rooms soon anyway so half price and six total DVR tuners looks sweet.. :D

Now I can't find the thread I saw it in, but I read somewhere there is some kind of issue using multiple DVR's on MRV? I think it may have been the inability to schedule a remote DVR program from another DVR? Is that the only issue (if it's what I'm thinking of)? I can still stream a recorded program from one DVR to another, right?

Im gonna pull the trigger on two of these.. Too good to pass up, and might as well do it now while I'm still less than a month in so the restart makes no difference.. Gonna get HDTVs for the SD rooms soon anyway so half price and six total DVR tuners looks sweet.. :D

Now I can't find the thread I saw it in, but I read somewhere there is some kind of issue using multiple DVR's on MRV? I think it may have been the inability to schedule a remote DVR program from another DVR? Is that the only issue (if it's what I'm thinking of)? I can still stream a recorded program from one DVR to another, right?

I have a pair of HR24s on MRV. You are correct. The only issue is not being able to set a recording on DVR#1 from DVR#2. You can watch recorded programming from either, regardless of which one physically recorded it.

There is a 100 and 700 version too. However, it looks like they are all flying off the shelves. The -500s are gone, and it says only 10 left and 4 left of the -100 and -700! Just search HR24 on there.

That's very odd.. The item at the link seems to have changed, because they definitely went to the HR24-500 before. That's what my receipt says too (notice it says 2x, and the order total is $219.98, so they were definitely $109.99 ea). If I click on the link in my receipt, it goes to the H24 too. If I get H24's I'll be really pissed. Neoabacus, you're going to want to cancel that order because it's not the DVR.

amazonr.png

Last edited:
Hope everyone is keeping clear the distinction between DVR and Non-DVR ... The thread title says HR-24 DVR, but the link posted above is for the H24, the Non-DVR...

How odd, it was a link to the HR-24-500 as the URL title appears when I posted it.....I wonder if Amazon sold out and set up a redirect? But yes, please note the link is now for the HD receiver, not the HD DVR........

How odd, it was a link to the HR-24-500 as the URL title appears when I posted it.....I wonder if Amazon sold out and set up a redirect? But yes, please note the link is now for the HD receiver, not the HD DVR........
It appears that's exactly what they did. If you search HR24, they're now $169 from a different vendor than last night.

That's very odd.. The item at the link seems to have changed, because they definitely went to the HR24-500 before. That's what my receipt says too (notice it says 2x, and the order total is $219.98, so they were definitely $109.99 ea). If I click on the link in my receipt, it goes to the H24 too. If I get H24's I'll be really pissed. Neoabacus, you're going to want to cancel that order because it's not the DVR.

amazonr.png

Dude, that says HR-24 and is a picture of the HR-24, they sure as heck better send you some HR-24s.

dishrich;23823 27 said:
I was going to bite, but I noticed it's a -500 version, which has had issues with the AM21 module, which I must have...

I know there is a thread for this but I have 2 500's both with AM21s and have had zero issues.

So if Amazon made the mistake for those that got in on the HDDVR's congrats, hopefully they are the HDDVR's as was advertised at first

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts