Good dual tuner receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

i1ano2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
Could anyone recommend a good dual tuner receiver? I have read the reviews for SV 360 elite, and they don't sound so good.
I am thinking about one for 2 reasons. I have a motorized 1 meter on a hh motor, and an actuator on a big dish. Right now I have them on seperate receivers, a Mercury II and a Dynamic. I have to switch one off on the back to keep from operating both with the remote.
I also have just one optical input on my stereo receiver, so I can only receive ac-3 signals from one dish.
So it seems that an acceptable solution would be a dual tuner, but since it would be my only receiver, I would want it to be a good one. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have a Pansat 6000.
That one has a dual tuner.
It's supposed to move the dish also but your actuator need to be diseq2.0 compatible.
At least that's what the manual said ut I'm using my 4dtv to move the dish.
It also comes with a removible hdd for recording.

does pansat 6000 have component hookups?

Thanks Danny,
I have been reading the review of the pansat 6000, and one thing I can't seem to read clearly is if it has component out jacks? Does it?
It does sound like everything I need and more, the pvr would be great to have. I had almost decided to just get a stand alone dvr, but I like the idea of the pvr better.

Yes it has component out BUT it only does 480i.
No HD or anything like that it even comes with 2 slots so you can put cards in for subscription like they have in Europe.
Theydon't use that here but I think maybe in the future when dc2 dies off they will start using them and then you'll have them already.
BUt for free to air it has been great for me so far the only thing is since it's a new receiver it can't move my dish because the actautor is old but if you have a newer system it should work I think.
I don't know what diseq2.0 means but that's what you need to move the dish.
I use my 4dtv receiver to move thedish for now.

I don't know about disecq 2 either. I have a gbox to move my big dish now. Can anyone explain what is the difference of disecq 2, and if the pansat 6000 will move my big dish with the gbox?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)