Good Install Experience

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bucks17

Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
Amongst the myriad of stories regarding bad installs, I thought that I would post a story of a great install.
I ordered the HR20 and AT9 from D*’s website on a Wednesday and set up installation for the following Saturday morning. I was upgrading from an 18” round dish installed by Voom and then re-aligned for D* by me.
The window was between 8am. and noon. I was almost positive that I was going to get a call canceling the install because of rain storms in the area, but at 8:15 the tech called and said he would arrive in 20-30 minutes. 20-30 minutes later he showed up, did a site survey, and went over what he was going to do. Installing the dish took him a little bit of time but he showed up around 9ish and was out the door by 11:30ish.

Thanks to Bluegrass Satellite and Security, Inc. in Columbus, OH. Keep up the good work.

I can now second the good install experience.

Have had the new HDDVR for three weeks but was waiting on the 5LNB. After getting the complete run-around for three weeks between D* and the local company, I had a supervisor out today to install the 5LNB and run a second line to my bedroom.

He took the time to answer my questions and explain everything to me. Had the dish up in 30 minutes and showed me exactly what trees were in the way of my 119 reception. He offered to relocate the dish for me (can't - only other place was the front yard) and explained what comes off each signal.

He also told me that they have had issues with my first installer and he is no longer with the company.

So, kudos to the installers, and specifically my tech here in Winston, GA! Thank you!

Had a good install yesterday also by Ironwood Comm.
On a Sunday even. Called at 8:30am, showed at 9:15am, finished at about 11:00am. Everything up and working for awhile at least.
The HR20's no. 2 tuner gave out after 4-5 hrs. And software glitches, resets etc. etc. after that. Called D* this morning and a new HR20 is being Fed Exed.
Not unexpected, but shouldn't be happening!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts