Good place to shop I think...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Got an email from them today saying they are out of the 36" dish but could send me
a 33" so I phoned them and could not understand the lady so she gave me to a man and it was not much better but then again maybe they could not understand me either, he will send me the 33 and two 4-1 switches instead of putting in a five dollar bill, still a good deal I think having a couple of switches around may come in handy.
Just got a email from Canada post but the link doesn't work so I guess I will have to C&P it into my browser address window.

The Mercury II arrived this morning. Took it out of the box and set it up, it seems to work fine, I just don't have the time to play with it right now, work is in the way. Maybe later....... I thougth that was pretty quick shipping considering I ordered Friday....thanks Remington, this was a good deal!

:) hehe you're welcome. I just didn't had time to order one for myself......:eek:

:) hehe you're welcome. I just didn't had time to order one for myself......:eek:
Damned shame, my friend.
You found the good deal, and we all got to partake of it.
I'd send you a consolation prize, but with your luck it'd get taxed up the wazoo at the border. :)

Greysquirrel said:
... I phoned them and could not understand the lady so she gave me to a man and it was not much better ...
...but then again maybe they could not understand me either...
What sort of accent was that? (something middle-Eastern?)
I called it French more because I couldn't categorize it, and figured French was a good bet.
Here in the US, we have immigrants from everywhere.
I often deal with Chinese, Vietnamese, and Mexicans quite a bit, so I'm more accustomed to those accents.

Hope the 33" is satisfactory.
I'm sure it will be fine.
And still a darned good price! ;)

starman345 said:
The Mercury II arrived this morning.
Geez, that -was- quick!
I'm looking at the first of next month, for my Merc II delivery.

The US Post Office told me today, that as soon as it gets into their hands, that Canadian tracking number will show up in our US system.
We'll see about that (I don't have much luck tracking Hong Kong packages via US Postal) :rolleyes:

You'll have to do your own mini-review once you have time to play with it. :eureka

brackets and other bargains

Looking through the site for the next great deal...

The "Brackets" link gives half a dozen different LNB brackets.
The really nice one is $14.95 and sold out.
But, if you go to the actual info on the bracket set, that page says they have 50 units in stock @ $9.95 each.

I went so far as test-ordering one, noting the $10 shipping, then upped the order to two units, and still at $10 shipping.
Does this look like a pretty good deal?
Probably should phone before ordering.

Anyone else find a bargain on that site?

The 2 foot tripod mast is down from $39.95 to $9.95, too.
But I have no use for one. :(

Business oriented guy would buy all what they have so cheap and resell on ebay... :)
But I prefer playing with these toys...

Yeah... I missed the deal on the Mercury but I'm keeping my money for the Passion. ;)

Boy, I would have loved to get a Mercury II myself. I had some spending cash inhand while at the Hamvention, and I went to the Sadoun tent ready to make a purchase. It was a tossup between the Mercury II at $125 or a Twinhan USB @ $75. Since I already have a Fortec Lifetime Ultra, I figured that I'd play with a Twinhan to play with 4:2:2 and HD feeds, the Mercury II would only give me what I already have.. But I still want one.. Actually, I want a Fortec Passion more.. Oh, I wish I had an extra $1000 to spend on FTA gear....

Great deal, thanks Remington for letting us know about it. I wish I hadn't missed the Mercury II deal too..

price reduction

It just keeps on getting better.
I was monitoring the price of the Fortec Star Lifetime Classic, and the price went down $10.
It's now $50 CAD from $60.
If I'm not mistaken, that's quite a decent receiver...
...here's a SatGuy's review, for more info.

Mercury II arrived ... with friends

11:00 am Saturday

The Mercury II ordered a week ago yesterday, around 1pm Toronto time, has arrived.
Sure beats the promised arrival time of the 1st (next Friday).

In addition to the advertized 4:1 diseqc switch and serial cable, the box also contained two extra 4:1 diseqc switches.
I'm wondering if this is the "$10 discount" as mentioned in one of the posts above?

I'm off to lunch, but look forward to firing up the Mercury, soon.
Will be interesting to see if it's old stock with old firmware, or just what I got. :)

I must say after watching the Canadian Post web site for a week, neither they nor US Post have very helpful info.
Neither had any package tracking service past the fact that it went to the "sortation plant" in MISSISSAUGA, ON on the 18th.

So, I guess that makes 8 days from Canada to California, and 9 days from Hong Kong. :up

I must say after watching the Canadian Post web site for a week, neither they nor US Post have very helpful info.
Neither had any package tracking service past the fact that it went to the "sortation plant" in MISSISSAUGA, ON on the 18th.
The USPS tracking numbers are completely useless. They NEVER update any info, and they still claim shipment may or may not have been processed even when you're holding the delivered item in your hands :(

shipping / tracking

Well, surprisingly, the USPS site did update (on Saturday!)
Shocked the heck out of me.
But it's now Sunday, and the Canadian site still has no clue.
With Monday being an American holiday, I wonder when they'll notify Canada that the package has been delivered?
Probably send them a post card. :rolleyes:

I guess a week (8 days) from east to west, and Canada to US, is not too bad for ground delivery.
UPS would have been a good week just to get across the US.
So, I really don't have a gripe.
Other than if the pkg got lost, it'd be another week before it was "overdue".

And considering how many places my package must've gone through, to not get it scanned and on some web site, sure makes a mockery of either outfit claiming any sort of package tracking!
But if 8 days is nominal, I'd certainly do it again .

Postal Service was probably the best way to get your package. UPS and FEDEX are notorious for delivering the package to you, and then 2 to 3 weeks later sending you an invoice for customs clearance charges. I bought some cheap Satpros receivers from SatelliteAV in California. Fedex delivered my $50 worth of receivers to my door, and then 3 weeks later sent me an invoice for $54 for customs clearance charges and taxes. Canada Post charges $5 I think for clearance, a much better deal. Plus Canada Post delivers COD, no surprise invoices after the fact. I will only order goods from the USA for delivery to Canada if they will ship US Postal Service.

tracking follow up

Well, it's Monday afternoon.
I just got a tracking email from Canadian Post.
It let me know the American Post Office got my package on Saturday about dawn, and delivered it to me about 11am.
Thanks a lot guys. :rolleyes:
I don't know which Post Office to laugh at more: our American or the Canadian one.

I'd read horror stories about customs duties for things shipped across the border.
Maybe that's more a problem going US-to-Canada.
There were no charges nor fees added to my Canada-to-US shipment.

Thanks again to everyone for a good deal.
From those who promoted this supplier to those who recommended the Merc II.
(at a below-wholesale price)
...and to SatelliteGuys for being a place to share info.

That's interesting... I guess the Post Office only updates their tracking information when its a holiday weekend :D

I do like the 2-3 day Priority Mail USPS service. It is faster than UPS, and is a good deal if you're shipping a smaller package.

last rites

I've been refreshing the web site on their $50 offer for the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fortec Star Lifetime Classic NA
Looks like they finally sold out, today.

I didn't see any other attractive offers for any of their remaining receivers.
However, for Canadian buyers, they may still be a good choice due to shipping, tax, and customs considerations.

Congratulations to everyone who got a sweet deal from this vendor.
I know I did ! :cool:
...and thanks again to Remington for posting the great find. :up

[/FONT]

Ordered a Fortec dish from these people, took 10 business days to get here which isn't too bad, but what I received was Sat Radar dish, I don't know if this is a comparable dish to the Fortec or not but I guess I am stuck with it. I will phone tomorrow and complain that they advertised a Fortec and sent another brand, and also ask them if they know the offset of this dish unless all 33" dishes have the same offset then I can just take it form the Fortec as I can't find anything on this dish online.
Will I have any problems with this dish and a SG2100 or are all mounts generic? Or should I just sell this and get another dish?
Hope everyone else that ordered from them got what the ordered and are satisfied with their order.

Ordered the 120 cm and it arrived in 5 days or so... (it's a Fortec.)
I don't know about the "Sat Radar" dish you talked about but it's obviously not what was advertised.

Settled with Electronics Canada, they gave me a partial refund for not sending what the advertised and also for sending me a 76cm dish and not the 80 as they said they would, so for $35.60 USD I have a 76cm dish, a standard LNB and two 4-1 switches now I must decide to sell this stuff locally and buy the 36 in dish or just use this as at this price I can just throw it out if it doesn't do a good job.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)