good reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CRAFTYONE

Original poster
Nov 1, 2009
Minnesota
im looking for a good receiver to upgrade my old direct tv receiver. i would like it to have HD capability so the menus are in high res and has a fast processor
. even though i dont have a hd subscription and only have the regular single lnb 110 dish.. suggestions.
will this work ?

hd channels

I dont want hd channels, i only want the receiver that's capable of it
my tv has a HDMI input and i want to use it. for SD channels and audio will the hd receiver SEE a normal dish and work for NORMAL channels ??
or do i need slimline to get any channels ?
i am wanting to go with the HD one because of the faster processor and the im guessing here clearer looking menu system, because it is displayed in hd

HR21 PRO $400-500 sounds like the only HD receiver for you. All other H or HR models are leases and would require a 24 mo contract and a new slimline dish with HD subscription.

hr21

i found some on ebay it looks like they go for less then 100 sometimes
they are a DVR though, do i need to pay for dvr services or can i just watch tv with it and not use the dvr functions

i found some on ebay it looks like they go for less then 100 sometimes
they are a DVR though, do i need to pay for dvr services or can i just watch tv with it and not use the dvr functions

dude... you might want to read about the million other posts on this subject! I'm not trying to be harsh, but seriously, this ground has been plowed a thousand times. The ones on ebay are stilll leases. You cannot activate the receiver unless you sign up for service. do a search (on this site) about ebay. Good luck.:cool:

its actually illegal to buy a box off ebay, especially if they are newer boxes.

Im not sure if anyone evr bought a box from a Ebay Store yet. I think they might be okay but i dont trust Ebay 100%... maybe like 20% id trust Ebay.

ok

sorry i didn't mill through all the posts, so all receivers are illegal and direct tv will not activate them ? man i wonder why people are paying for them. because i know direct tv is not hackable so what would they even do with these receivers ?

sorry i didn't mill through all the posts, so all receivers are illegal and direct tv will not activate them ? man i wonder why people are paying for them. because i know direct tv is not hackable so what would they even do with these receivers ?

most recievers found on Ebay are leased in someone's name. no one owns these reciever except DTV.

there might be Ebay STORES that can and are allowed to sell these but you dont own them, once you pay that price, you start leasing those recievers from DTV and when you cancel, DTV will want them back and you can fight them all you want saying you paid it, its never owned unless they are way out of date reciever like RCA Directv reciever. DTV wont want them back.

just be careful what you buy. youre better off ordering from D* instead from Ebay, period.

im looking for a good receiver to upgrade my old direct tv receiver. i would like it to have HD capability so the menus are in high res and has a fast processor
. even though i dont have a hd subscription and only have the regular single lnb 110 dish.. suggestions.
will this work ?
From eBay you could buy a Hughes HR10-250 it is MPEG 2 only so you can't get any current HD channels. It was the first TiVo HD DVR that Directv offered, it now is good for recording SD programming. The graffics are no better definition than any other TiVo. The processor is slow by 2009 standards, but compared to what you have maybe faster.

Buying from eBay is definitely legal there are some idiot posters on this thread. The big problem is since March 2006 Directv has been leasing their receivers. They charge a lease upgrade fee to get a receiver beyond the basic receiver, too many people mistake this upgrade fee to be a purchase fee. Leased receivers are permanently owned by D*. Too many people have tried to sell D* property on eBay thinking they own the receivers, you need to get the "RID#" and call D* to verify who owns the "USED" receiver for sale. NEW receivers on eBay are mostly lease upgrades poorly described in the listing. HR21 PRO receivers are a purchase only owned receiver but they aren't cheap.

Good Luck in satisfying your dream.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NBAHD - channel not purchased?

FS Detroit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)