Goodbye Dish

I work out of my house and am home almost all the time, I would have been home no matter what time of day a tech came, that was NEVER an issue, the issue always was a week to get service,

You do know that he is a self-made billionaire? Besides playing cards at a professional level, he started out selling BUDs out of the back of a pickup truck, and built up from there. And I think it might not have even been his pickup.

He was not given his fortune. His origins were modest.
And his wife worked as a Customer service rep for Branniff Airlines and Jim DeFranco worked as a liquor salesman in Dallas. Before Charlie and Jim started Echosphere Corp. Charlie was an accountant for Frito Lay.

And his wife worked as a Customer service rep for Branniff Airlines and Jim DeFranco worked as a liquor salesman in Dallas. Before Charlie and Jim started Echosphere Corp. Charlie was an accountant for Frito Lay.
And, their families couldn't afford shoes for them, so they went to school barefoot. They had to walk 5 miles in the snow, uphill, against the wind, in both directions! They're families were so poor, they used to fight with the mice for scraps of cheese.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the problem with people these days. They're so used to their gub'ment checks, free phones, etc. that they quickly forget that many people that made it big didn't just fall into a load of cash. They worked to get to where they are.

Seriously?? "Gub'ment checks"? Like social security, or are you talking about welfare?

For 2011:
[A]bout 32 million households, or 27.1 percent, benefited from at least one means-tested poverty program. The biggest benefits here were Medicaid (19.5 percent), food stamps (12.7 percent) and subsidized lunches (11.2 percent). . . . Smaller benefits include public housing (5 percent of households), unemployment (4 percent), and veterans’ compensation (2.6 percent). Only 7 percent of households receive some sort of direct cash assistance, such as the TANF welfare program.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ts-from-the-federal-government-in-six-charts/

There's a pretty massive group that falls between those who've "made it big" and families that rely in part on government assistance. (Hint: It's called the "middle class.")

...and about those so-called "free phones": http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/cellphone.asp

I know of a homeless lady who is provided with a free cell phone, bus pass, some meal vouchers and a few other things by a "do-gooder?" group. On the worst freezing nights, they put her up in a hotel. She won't go to a shelter or other housing. She's squatting on land that she believes is now legally hers. Her mind is NQR but what can you do? I don't think any of the costs come from government funds; they are a wealthy group.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)