Goodbye Dish

For a new customer, dish support can be painful. For one that has experience it's no sweat. You call dish and you are talking to a human relatively immediately. That human can pretty quickly escalate things if you find they are not helping.

Contrast to the pain and agony that dealing with a cable company can bring regardless of how long you've been a customer. When my dish isn't working, dish knows why, and they usually have a good idea when it might be working again. When my cable would stop. They didn't know why, and even if they did they rarely had any idea on when it might be fixed.

I stick with dish now simply because DirecTV can't provide the same service for the same, let alone lower cost for what I have. For a lot of folks though it is a toss up.

If satellite goes out, its usually due to something at the home. A lot of times that problem can be diagnosed by the user and perhaps get fixed depending on the circumstance really quick. If cable goes out, you are relying on them to fix the problem as it could be anywhere in their lines between you and their head end.

Contrast to the pain and agony that dealing with a cable company can bring regardless of how long you've been a customer.
Surpisingly, I never had an issue with CS during the period I was with Comcast. They were friendly, knowledgeable, and I hardly ever needed to use them. I called up more often to threaten to quit in order to have them lower the price, than I did for any problems, of which I hardly ever experienced.

Surpisingly, I never had an issue with CS during the period I was with Comcast. They were friendly, knowledgeable, and I hardly ever needed to use them. I called up more often to threaten to quit in order to have them lower the price, than I did for any problems, of which I hardly ever experienced.
Lucky for you. I spent weeks trying to stop them trying to charge me for equipment . Short time time I was with them was with
BASIC, non-digital. Never had a box to begin with. And they went after me 8 years after I dumped them.

Bombeck had it all wrong. Nope, that's where it's the barest. Very little dirt between the tank and the surface. Now over the leech fields, that's a different story.

Do you know why the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence? It's because your looking sideways. If you could look straight down, you'd see all the bare patches!

Good post!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Been out of town for a week, I have not had a lot of time to read the DISH forums much recently, so I have not read the postings about DIRT. Like I said, the box was shutting down on it's own after a few minutes, and was totally unusable, I was just pissed over the time frame for a fix and told him i could PROBABLY have DirecTV installed the next day, if they idi not want to get my equipment working within a day or 2 and he basically said take it or leave it and I decided to do what was best for ME, and let this ass know that he cost Dish a customer, and I don't think the DIRT team would have done anything to get me back up any sooner.

Been out of town for a week, I have not had a lot of time to read the DISH forums much recently, so I have not read the postings about DIRT. Like I said, the box was shutting down on it's own after a few minutes, and was totally unusable, I was just pissed over the time frame for a fix and told him i could PROBABLY have DirecTV installed the next day, if they idi not want to get my equipment working within a day or 2 and he basically said take it or leave it and I decided to do what was best for ME, and let this ass know that he cost Dish a customer, and I don't think the DIRT team would have done anything to get me back up any sooner.

1. You"re gone now (from Dish). Good luck to you with Direct or whomever you ended up with.

2. Why post about it again to put yourself in the cross-hairs?????

3. DIRT would most certainly have taken care of you expediently.

4. Take care and goodnight.

Most people don't switch something as involved as TV service on a whim because of one incompetent CSR. Especially if they had been otherwise satisfied. Something tells me OP isn't giving us the full story.

Most people don't switch something as involved as TV service on a whim because of one incompetent CSR. Especially if they had been otherwise satisfied. Something tells me OP isn't giving us the full story.
Nah...he just knee jerked, IMO. We've all done it for whatever, whenever.

Looking at your posting history you seem to bounce back and forth between DISH an Directv every 2 years

He was probably flagged. So, there is more here than originally stated. Guys like this can cost more money to keep, that's why BOTH services will only go so far for him as his history shows DirecTV told him Hast la Vista as well. Charlie, especially doesn't like these type because they will end up costing more money and leave in split second. Dish does seem to reward loyalty, the longer one has been a subscriber and not have a history of frequent calls to CSR's for no good reason. I think Ergen said those folks could go to as they cost him a dollar a minute and that with call made through each month, he loses money, although just one really prolonged phoney complaint or plain rant about why Dish charges are going up or why Dish is charging a DVR fee that is intended to get upgrades could easily do that or just 2 calls for such attempts as these types tend to have the lowest packages. Let's see, DirecTV with lots more subscribers=BBB rating of D+ while Dish with fewer [OP-like] customers: BBB rating A- DirecTV is a good competitive service. They have more in common than not.

I was NOT flagged, I was given crappy service, like I said I had NO intention of leaving, and if i cost Charlie any money that is his problem, I actually work for mine and do not have a vast fortune like he does, there are a ton of people on here that think everyone is out to scam Charlie, like I have stated SEVERAL times here, I just wanted a working box, that is all.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was probably flagged. So, there is more here than originally stated. Guys like this can cost more money to keep, that's why BOTH services will only go so far for him as his history shows DirecTV told him Hast la Vista as well. Charlie, especially doesn't like these type because they will end up costing more money and leave in split second. Dish does seem to reward loyalty, the longer one has been a subscriber and not have a history of frequent calls to CSR's for no good reason. I think Ergen said those folks could go to as they cost him a dollar a minute and that with call made through each month, he loses money, although just one really prolonged phoney complaint or plain rant about why Dish charges are going up or why Dish is charging a DVR fee that is intended to get upgrades could easily do that or just 2 calls for such attempts as these types tend to have the lowest packages. Let's see, DirecTV with lots more subscribers=BBB rating of D+ while Dish with fewer [OP-like] customers: BBB rating A- DirecTV is a good competitive service. They have more in common than not.

If D* and E* don't like this kind of customer, then they should change the way they do business. The current way they do it with deeply discounted promos for 1 or 2 years certainly encourages moving back and forth when the contract expires.

If D* and E* don't like this kind of customer, then they should change the way they do business. The current way they do it with deeply discounted promos for 1 or 2 years certainly encourages moving back and forth when the contract expires.

Exactly. How can anyone possibly say Dish, Directv, Comcast, etc... show loyalty to long time customers when I can switch every two years and always pay less than you? It's obvious that these companies don't care how loyal you are or they would start giving long time customer discounts instead of new customer discounts. The TV business is designed to create churn. No one should feel bad about taking the best deal and putting the extra money towards something else their family needs.

This 'flagging' comment has been made a couple of times, but it gets no traction as all the evidence points otherwise. I have switched quite a few times over the years and every time I get all kinds of 'come back' offers from both services almost immediately.

Right now I'm getting 2 emails a week and a snail mail a week from DirecTV with great offers, just like I did from Dish when I switched away from them.

They make the rules, I take advantage of them with no apologies for doing so. They both have rooms full of bean counters and marketing 'experts' to tell them that encouraging switchers is the way to glory. Personally I think if both of them would offer some meaningful discounts for a 'renewal' of the contract, they might not have so many. But they are the 'experts'! :)

......I actually work for mine and do not have a vast fortune like he does.......

You do know that he is a self-made billionaire? Besides playing cards at a professional level, he started out selling BUDs out of the back of a pickup truck, and built up from there. And I think it might not have even been his pickup.

He was not given his fortune. His origins were modest.

You do know that he is a self-made billionaire? Besides playing cards at a professional level, he started out selling BUDs out of the back of a pickup truck, and built up from there. And I think it might not have even been his pickup.

He was not given his fortune. His origins were modest.

That's the problem with people these days. They're so used to their gub'ment checks, free phones, etc. that they quickly forget that many people that made it big didn't just fall into a load of cash. They worked to get to where they are.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

That's the problem with people these days. They're so used to their gub'ment checks, free phones, etc. that they quickly forget that many people that made it big didn't just fall into a load of cash. They worked to get to where they are.

I work hard for mine too and have never taken any government money. Choosing to be financially responsible by switching TV providers to get a better price and asking for handouts are two totally different things. I haven't seen the OP or anyone else in this thread ask to get something for nothing.

The vast majority of us work for our money and I don't see how this is relevant to a discussion about switching tv providers.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Where is the 'Get off your soapbox' derail button?

I don't know about other area's but around here it doesn't take us more than 2 days to get to a SVC, sometimes even the same day if someone answers the phone for a confirmation call and will be home or have someone over 18 home. Most of the time which IMO could be in this case the customer just doesn't want to be home when they can get there, won't take off work to get it done or have someone come by and wait for the tech at the times available in an early time frame. I'm a dish customer and you can't trust the customers word no matter what I say that about my self too, its just how the business is about wanting everything free and getting it all in return.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts