Goodbye Dish

I was NOT looking for any reason to switch, there was NO offer to send out a box, just send a tech next Tuesday to "look" at it, the irony is that I am only 15 miles from the Spartanburg facilty where the boxes go to get refurbished , in fact I will take the box, LNB and remote there tomorrow to drop them off and have no need to ship it the 15 miles up I 26.
IF they had been up to speed, they probably could have arranged for me to go up there and swap out boxes, because I never asked for free anything, just a working box.
So in the end they screwed up and it is their loss of a sub.
Of course these companies just don't seem to get the fact that offshore CSR's are loathed by a vast majority of people in this country, when someone says "hi, i am Daniel" with a heavy Indian accent in barely understandable English, do these boardroom types actually think it fools anyone?

The sad part dish says in the fight for sprint that we want English speaking reps to answer the phones. That is true but why does dish have reps overseas answering the phones?

Posted from my iPhone.

I'm just as against overseas CSRs, which is why I use DIRT.
My point! Dish is the only sat/cable Co to offer such a service. Don't use it (forum members who are aware), shame on whomever. Horse/water.......

Last edited:
I was NOT looking for any reason to switch, there was NO offer to send out a box, just send a tech next Tuesday to "look" at it, the irony is that I am only 15 miles from the Spartanburg facilty where the boxes go to get refurbished , in fact I will take the box, LNB and remote there tomorrow to drop them off and have no need to ship it the 15 miles up I 26.
IF they had been up to speed, they probably could have arranged for me to go up there and swap out boxes, because I never asked for free anything, just a working box.
Of course these companies just don't seem to get the fact that offshore CSR's are loathed by a vast majority of people in this country, when someone says "hi, i am Daniel" with a heavy Indian accent in barely understandable English, do these boardroom types actually think it fools anyone?

I can understand your point. Sometimes it is good to get a fresh start with something new.

Really all that matters is you have a working system & the price is within what your willing to pay.

Dish & Directv are pretty equal imo with minor differences. You didn't go with cable & for that I give you a :up

With all the issues that people are still getting with Genies, I'm not so sure, but every case is different some are good or bad, but who can complain about recording 5 shows at once, and if you have a additional DVR that's 7 recordings with whole-home service, which I rather get than the genie client boxes that take away a tuner.

They could have just mailed one to you and you would have had it in 3-5 business days. I have had several people tell me how it takes Directv a week or longer to show up and they do not show up when they say they are going to so it is no different with them.

When I get a CSR that I cannot deal with I hang up and try again. I got that idea from this website many years ago. Some of them just don't care.

Thats what they did when our 622 when belly up. It did take a couple of days but we are talking days before Christmas, actually arrived day after Christmas.

And I do agree, you never know what personality you will get with a phone CSR. DIRT team,well I have had nothing but positive thing to say about them, as always I'm grateful they are here.

If you was that close to the Spartanburg refurb office then you would have gotten a replacement receiver the next day if they do not allow you to drop off/pick up another receiver. He was not offered that option though and he may not have known or thought about contacting DIRT. Many people would have done the same as him and switched.

If you was that close to the Spartanburg refurb office then you would have gotten a replacement receiver the next day if they do not allow you to drop off/pick up another receiver. He was not offered that option though and he may not have known or thought about contacting DIRT. Many people would have done the same as him and switched.
How does a supporting founder not know about DIRT?

let me toss this out there. I have been with dish 6 years. I had a problem when we moved, set up a dish mover and the tech never showed. Had to call to reschedule. Initial install was set for November 15th o sometime around there, reschedule for December tech never showed. I finally got tech to come out in January to complete the install, by the time he got there I had already installed the system myself, just needed the dish tweaked for signal.

Now I have a node LNB failure issue. Worked with DIRT to get it resolved. Appointment was set for a week after I contacted DIRT. Stayed home yesterday afternoon to wait for the tech. text in the AM saying betweek 1-3, then 3-5, then the dreaded call that it was canceled and I would have to reschedule.

I have nothing but good luck with DIRT when I needed some help, but they have no control over the techs. I have now wasted 2.5 days of work waiting on dish. They offered money off, etc and I have chose to stay with dish, but its getting old quick. I like my hopper system and if Directv had the locals here I wanted I would have probably switched as well, not because I want to switch but why should we put up with poor customer service and continue to be loyal?

I know it's too late for the OP, but for anyone else who doesn't want to speak to "Daniel" - When you call, push the number for Tech Support, even for a billing problem. It's worked for me.

And using DIRT is much better than that. If you go to the bottom of the page that lists all the forums - it lists who's online. Find a DIRT member (in red) and PM them.

It's that easy.

How does a supporting founder not know about DIRT?

A supporting founder who had about 160 posts when he started this thread. I myself had thousands of posts under my belt, and had no idea who DIRT was when they were recommended for a problem I was having, a while back.

Good bye & good luck as you now have to stay w/ D* for the next 2 yrs. Hope it's OK for you. It's hard to believe you didn't think to chat or talk to DIRT.

Which was part of my thinking when I posted..
A week is too long. That said, seems like a quick decision, maybe you were already thinking of switching?

Right over the septic tank. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Bombeck had it all wrong. Nope, that's where it's the barest. Very little dirt between the tank and the surface. Now over the leech fields, that's a different story.

Do you know why the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence? It's because your looking sideways. If you could look straight down, you'd see all the bare patches!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)