Goodbye GenieGo

Status
Please reply by conversation.
For long trips with the kids in the car!
Long trips......My parents would tell us to read a book.
If parents would hold off on introducing their younger children to electronics, they would get used to old fashioned books and sundries.
These do not require batteries connectivity or other issues regarding the electronic baby sitters.

Long trips......My parents would tell us to read a book.
If parents would hold off on introducing their younger children to electronics, they would get used to old fashioned books and sundries.
These do not require batteries connectivity or other issues regarding the electronic baby sitters.
They could even be learning the art of proper penmanship, seeing as how keyboards are just a fad too.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the SatelliteGuys app!

I'm extremely disappointed. I used my GenieGo to download a bunch of stuff to my tablet and as long as I was signed in before I boarded an aircraft I could watch all the shows I transferred to my tablet.

John

As far as the usefulness of GenieGo, I used it when I went to my father's house. He didn't have internet and after he died we also disconnected his DISH. Came in handy while cleaning out the house and spending nights there to have some entertainment on hand.

As far as equipment goes, we got the letter and it stated that we could get a free upgrade of equipment without having to extend our contract. I still have some offloading to my DVR player/recorder to do before I do that though so I don't lose my programs.

Today Netflix announced plans to allow Downloading content to your portable device soon, just like Amazon Prime does.

How in the world did DirecTV screw this up. Their original Genie Go device is much better than the "NEW" software feature included in the GENIE receivers Firmware.

What a total mess for previous users. I did LOVE being able to download content to my devices so I could entertain myself on Airline flights. The new streaming only feature of the DirecTV App is a total step BACKWARDS.

John

I'm extremely disappointed. I used my GenieGo to download a bunch of stuff to my tablet and as long as I was signed in before I boarded an aircraft I could watch all the shows I transferred to my tablet.

John
As long as you have a Genie you can still download shows to a supported tablet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts