Google Assistant not working for voice on remote 54.0

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ouch1234

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Norman, Ok
I can't use voice on the remote with Hopper 3 and 54.0 I made sure voice was turned on. When I try to "Get Started" it just tries to load and goes back to the Google Assistant "Get Started" screen. I was told the 54.0 should work, and that I don't need the remote with the Google logo on it. Thanks!

I can't use voice on the remote with Hopper 3 and 54.0 I made sure voice was turned on. When I try to "Get Started" it just tries to load and goes back to the Google Assistant "Get Started" screen. I was told the 54.0 should work, and that I don't need the remote with the Google logo on it. Thanks!
That remote will work.
2 questions. When did you get installed, who's your internet and how is it connected to the Hopper and a 3rd question, what's your download speed?

That remote will work.
2 questions. When did you get installed, who's your internet and how is it connected to the Hopper and a 3rd question, what's your download speed?
My new hopper was installed today ( previous one crashed) My internet is AT&T and is connected to the hopper with Cat wire,. Just ran a speed test @ 89mpbs

My new hopper was installed today ( previous one crashed)

When my Hopper3 was replaced it took over a week before Alexa and Google were able to connect to the replaced Hopper3. I believe what occurs is that Amazon Alexa and Google are still trying to connect to the old Hopper3. Eventually the info which resides in some database gets updated and then the Alexa and Google connections start working again. I don’t know whether the database that contains the Hopper3 MAC address is owned by Dish or Amazon and Google.
I just know that updating the info takes a while.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

My new hopper was installed today ( previous one crashed) My internet is AT&T and is connected to the hopper with Cat wire,. Just ran a speed test @ 89mpbs
I a new subscriber to dish tv. It been a bout 2 months still no voice remote.
I have Viasat satellite internet. All other devices run about 20 mpbs. But using hooper test it shows only 2 mpbs. There is something wrong in thier software. The lack of connectivity also impacts dish anywhere. It does not impact use of apps like Netflix. I have used the hooper instead of my ruku and no difference in the quality of streaming.
Overall I am happy with switching to dish but wish they fix this issue.
Ps my hooper software is u935.

Reactions: ouch1234
I have Viasat satellite internet. All other devices run about 20 mpbs. But using hooper test it shows only 2 mpbs. There is something wrong in thier software. The lack of connectivity also impacts dish anywhere. It does not impact use of apps like Netflix. I have used the hooper instead of my ruku and no difference in the quality of streaming.

If it was a software issue, no one's GA would work. But you are right about one thing - the Hoppers Connection speed never matches any speed test on any other device. That's just how it's always been. Also, Satellite internet, because of Latency and Throttling after primary data is used has always been problematic for Hopper features

Yep It's been two weeks for me, and it's still not working. Dish doesn't have a solution either. Unfortunately I have the pixelation issue too. Dish is coming out today to downgrade to the HWS receiver.

- the Hoppers Connection speed never matches any speed test on any other device. That's just how it's always been.
My Hopper Duo's Connection Speed reading seems to be fairly consistent with what I see on other devices. Of course, I am not constantly running speed tests, either. For me, if it works, it works. :)

When I had issues with the voice functionality, I found that I had to power off and unplug the Hopper from the power source for several minutes. A simple reset did not work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)