Google Chrome Browser

Okay
I know that this is an old thread but I have a question, How many people on the forum are using Google Chrome. I was using IE, then I went to Fire Fox. It seems like Fire Fox is a pain in the backside here lately.:mad:
I downloaded Google Chrome a couple of months ago when I bought this laptop. I have really been hesitant to use it as my default browser, but I am begining to think it's a time for a change.
:coffee

Its been my sole browser for two years. Fastest browser on the planet. I know there was a study that showed that, but I'll be darned if I remember where.

Put Chrome on multiple machines, set it to sync, and all toolbars, bookmarks, and Chrome apps are in the same place on each machine.

Well I guess I will try it out. Just got to figure out wether to make it my home page or keep Yahoo. What do you use for your e-mail my wife and I have 6 e-mail accounts between the both of us.
Thanks.

Well I guess I will try it out. Just got to figure out wether to make it my home page or keep Yahoo. What do you use for your e-mail my wife and I have 6 e-mail accounts between the both of us.
Thanks.

gmail and my work's imap mail. Been on gmail since 2005. But I have plenty of other addresses too, some tied to my web servers, a mac.com one for iCloud, but gmail is what I have been relying on pretty much exclusively. Its just a stellar email program.

I still use Firefox most of the time. I have Chrome installed just don't use it that often. I guess I just prefer the look and feel of Firefox. I mainly use Comcast for email but have a Gmail address for Docs, Android Market, and spam emails.

Without the bookmarks toolbar, I will pass. I have LOTS of bookmarks that I have to jump through hoops to access with Chrome. No thanks!

Bookmarks toolbar is off by default (shows on the new tab screen), but you can turn it on so it's up 100% of the time. That would be a deal breaker for me too. Chrome blew the other browsers away, now that some have caught back up I have no interest switching back.

Oops! Sorry, I meant to say the menu bar is absent from Chrome. Apparently there is no way to turn it on.

The menu is a tool icon on the right side of the screen. Been that way forever. Although the mac has a full menu.

I'm talking about the menu bar that carries the "File Edit History Bookmarks Tools Help" tabs. At least in FF is does. From what I have read on the supported Chrome forums, they don't have it and don't have any plans to add it.

I'm talking about the menu bar that carries the "File Edit History Bookmarks Tools Help" tabs. At least in FF is does. From what I have read on the supported Chrome forums, they don't have it and don't have any plans to add it.

That is all there on a mac. Across the top of the screen.

I have used Google Chrome 95% of the time. It is the fastest web browser and also the most secure. I can have 20-40 tabs open at the same time and still runs really well. Explorer (even the latest edition) is just too slow for me but once in a while I have to use it. I used to use Firefox all the time and it is now my second choice. Once in a while Chrome has a bug and cannot play or do certain things so that is why I keep Firefox and Explorer. I use the bookmarks bar to display my favorite webpages all the time below the address bar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts