Google introduces Chromecast, a $35 HDMI streaming solution for televisions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Chromecast : For Bigger Fun Promo Video Google Press Event - 7

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh glad to see its not a power brick. A lot of these companies forget that many houses have only 1 or 2 outlets in each room. I actually like the USB power solution. :)

Ahh glad to see its not a power brick. A lot of these companies forget that many houses have only 1 or 2 outlets in each room. I actually like the USB power solution. :)

Aim glade it does come with a power brick since my set does not have a USB port. The price is right so I will get this unit.

Google is smart because you are not stuck with android in order to use this unit it will work on apple iOS as well as windows 8.

I went to add another one, just to see what it says about shipping, and I see where it says that now. It wasnt saying that before, so I am glad i caught it before.

At this point I don't see it doing anything for me. Everything I own Roku, OTA, FTA, DVD, Computer/ home theatre is already going to the Tv, so I'm not sure what it would add...unless someone figures out a way to get it to stream virtually anything.

?

Surprised they didn't make it MHL-compliant like Roku Stick. Then it wouldn't require external power.

Surprised they didn't make it MHL-compliant like Roku Stick. Then it wouldn't require external power.
Wouldnt that have limited its use to newer TVs then? Doing it the way they did, any tv with HDMI should work.

Defeats the purpose of it working with most any TV.

As for streaming beyond a Roku etc.. I believe it does/will. For instance I now stream Youtube from my Tablet or Smartphone to my TV with one click. I believe the idea is this will be programmed into Android movie players (Or most any app I guess) on Tablets and Smartphones. I also think if you stream to the TV you can still use the device for other things, just like you can on the device itself. I see this as a big deal, alot of people want to be able to use their TV with their smartphone or tablet and this goes beyond what is now available to do so, and is highly portable, for some an extremely wanted feature.

This may also be a great way to get a Slingbox APP to stream to a TV screen, IF DISH will program it to.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts