Google introduces Chromecast, a $35 HDMI streaming solution for televisions

Thanks, Need. I also wanted to ask about this situation.

Let's say I play a video on Chrome and use tab casting to play it on my TV. But my friend uses the laptop at the same time and plays a YouTube video on another Chrome tab or another web browser.

So does the sound get muted on the YouTube video playing on the laptop? Will there be a conflict?

Just got around to test it last night. Chrome tab was casting a streaming video on TV, and another tab was casting youtube on the laptop. Both worked perfectly. The sound on the TV tab came out on the TV, the sound on the youtube tab came thru the laptop. I didn't try it for very long but it seems to be working.

Had some reward points about to expire, so picked one up last night. I can see a lot of uses for it, so far I have been using it to stream accuradio from a chrome tab to tv and surround system in office. I also cast cbs and nbc website videos from a Chrome Tab and worked great for that. I'm not a netflix user, may try hulu plus later. I have so many other boxes to use, my plan is to give this to my nephew for his birthday next week. Like most kids, he is on youtube daily, this will be great for him to cast from his GS3 to the tv.

I have so many other boxes to use, my plan is to give this to my nephew for his birthday next week. Like most kids, he is on youtube daily, this will be great for him to cast from his GS3 to the tv.

Not sure if your nephew's parents would appreciate him taking over the TV with his choice of youtube videos...

I once gave my nephew a toy drum sets, and my brother in law had never forgiven me for that. Apparently it is not pleasant to wake up in the morning to the sound of the toy drums... :p

Not sure if your nephew's parents would appreciate him taking over the TV with his choice of youtube videos...

I once gave my nephew a toy drum sets, and my brother in law had never forgiven me for that. Apparently it is not pleasant to wake up in the morning to the sound of the toy drums... :p

Not a problem. Boys have their own 50in lcd in game room upstairs. Unless its family movie night, game day or survivor time the boys dont use the 60in downstairs.

For $35, hope it works well? I saw somewhere that we might have to pay a subscription fee for certain sites. As an example Blockbuster on Dish has several free movies, then we have to pay for the others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)