Google Scores NFL Sunday Ticket Package

Now to see if there will be bandwidth issues. Like buffering errors. Bet that'll happen when the 2023 season starts.
That could happen in some limited areas, but it probably won't be an issue for the vast majority of people and ISPs. Telecommunications infrastructure investment has been off the chart in the past 3 years, and YouTube can certainly handle the load. If all of DirecTV's current customers decided to switch for ST, it would still only be a modest increase in traffic compared to what YT does every minute of every day.

That could happen in some limited areas, but it probably won't be an issue for the vast majority of people and ISPs. Telecommunications infrastructure investment has been off the chart in the past 3 years, and YouTube can certainly handle the load. If all of DirecTV's current customers decided to switch for ST, it would still only be a modest increase in traffic compared to what YT does every minute of every day.
It depends on what level of service the end user chooses to buy...not so much internet congestion but local router congestion

For our YouTube TV members with a Base Plan, the NFL Sunday Ticket add-on is available during the presale at $249 for the season, a special launch offer savings of $100 off the retail price of $349 for the season. We are also offering a bundle option with NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL RedZone for a total of $289 for the season during the presale, another launch offer of $100 off the retail price of $389 for the season.

Ala carte pricing (no sub to YTTV)

On Primetime Channels, NFL Sunday Ticket is available during the presale at $349 for the season, a special launch offer savings of $100 off the retail price of $449 for the season. And the bundled NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL Redzone option is available during the presale at $389 for the season, another launch offer of $100 off the retail price of $489 for the season.

Cheaper then DirecTV and their extremely high monthly costs and I get it ( and YTTV) for free since I use my Credit Card points for Google Play gift cards.

Everyday I am thankful for the switchover to streaming, much better quality and so much new content ( and things I want to watch).

And most is free for me since I use my points.

If I got it....and in the other thread I said I probably wouldn't as I watch the local team (the Vikes) it would be $350. I get Directv Stream included in my rent (along with fibre internet) so really don't need YTTV. Thats the nice thing. You can get it Ala carte (something that hasn't been allowed for decades)

The break even point, simple math, is more people than watch the "free" games on the local stations.

Maybe they will make it up in volume?

The break even point, simple math, is more people than watch the "free" games on the local stations.

Maybe they will make it up in volume?

I mean, sure, if we pretend that the subscription revenue is their only way to break even. Reality is this is more complex than we'll ever have the data to calculate. Advertising, brand value, subscriber growth, subscriber revenue to not just YTTV and/or the package but also other packages, other monetization streams for the partnership (live events, etc), the value of any tech developed for this implemented for other uses, etc.

Reactions: ncted
and will there be an added fee to have more then 4 steams at the same time?

Remains to be seen how this will be handled. Base service is limited to 4 I believe, other ancillary services have their own limits. Adding the 4k Plus addon ($9.99/mo, but there is/was an offer for $4.99/mo for 2 years) gets you unlimited streams at home.

1681240065912.png

Remains to be seen how this will be handled. Base service is limited to 4 I believe, other ancillary services have their own limits. Adding the 4k Plus addon ($9.99/mo, but there is/was an offer for $4.99/mo for 2 years) gets you unlimited streams at home.

View attachment 161582
I read on another board the limit will be 2 screens. I have not confirmed this as ordering is not available to me yet.

Just ordered it, payment from my Google Account which I have been building up buying Google Play Cards with my CC Points.

So happy getting this because of the Lions, would hate not being able to watch them here in Florida if they are a winning team this upcoming season.

That doesn't really seem very practical, I'd be surprised if it was so few.
YTTV confirmed on twitter that the limit is indeed 2 screens. What they didn't answer is if the RZC counts as one of those screens if you do purchase the plan that includes the RZC.

YTTV confirmed on twitter that the limit is indeed 2 screens. What they didn't answer is if the RZC counts as one of those screens if you do purchase the plan that includes the RZC.
They really don't want an bar to buy this an get ST for an very low cost.

I mean, sure, if we pretend that the subscription revenue is their only way to break even. Reality is this is more complex than we'll ever have the data to calculate. Advertising, brand value, subscriber growth, subscriber revenue to not just YTTV and/or the package but also other packages, other monetization streams for the partnership (live events, etc), the value of any tech developed for this implemented for other uses, etc.
That's the same business theory when DTV had it and they lost their shirt so assuming it will now magically work for YTTV is, IMHO, overly optimistic. I think the other big white elephant in the room is the question - will YTTV's hardware be able to seamlessly handle all those connections for all those different games at one time or will it overwhelm their system? It's been a problem at times in the past. Time will tell.

That's the same business theory when DTV had it and they lost their shirt so assuming it will now magically work for YTTV is, IMHO, overly optimistic. I think the other big white elephant in the room is the question - will YTTV's hardware be able to seamlessly handle all those connections for all those different games at one time or will it overwhelm their system? It's been a problem at times in the past. Time will tell.

DirecTV's customer acquisition costs make this practically an apples and oranges comparison.

When is the last time you heard of bandwidth issues with Youtube? With over 2 billion active monthly users and their own arrangements for bandwidth with backbone providers due to the extraordinary usage, Sunday Ticket likely won't move the needle much.

Reactions: Mr Tony and ncted
DirecTV's customer acquisition costs make this practically an apples and oranges comparison.

When is the last time you heard of bandwidth issues with Youtube? With over 2 billion active monthly users and their own arrangements for bandwidth with backbone providers due to the extraordinary usage, Sunday Ticket likely won't move the needle much.
But I bet they have location issues if they base it off of ip addresses