Google Scores NFL Sunday Ticket Package

Might I remind you that this is an NFL Sunday Ticket thread and every post within it relates to television, not radio. I can understand that if you are listening to a radio feed and watching a video feed you might have some delay. But that is irrelevant to the conversation here. After all wardrobe malfunctions are meaningless on radio.

Might I remind you that this is an NFL Sunday Ticket thread and every post within it relates to television, not radio. I can understand that if you are listening to a radio feed and watching a video feed you might have some delay. But that is irrelevant to the conversation here. After all wardrobe malfunctions are meaningless on radio.
Same announcers on Sunday Ticket

We've always been told that Streaming is ahead ... at least thats what we have heard in these threads previously.

That is exactly what You said in your previous post.
I have never heard or read anyone state that, nor for the life of me can I figure how you took that from the post in question.

I have never heard or read anyone state that, nor for the life of me can I figure how you took that from the post in question.
Agreed, all the posts I have seen, both here and at Reddit, was it was close/equal to Cable/Satellite.

I know for a fact we were all discussing this before the season started, once You tube won the rights.

We were discussing how much of a delay there Might be ...
Seeing you can't be talking to someone on the phone watching the game and have them on the same play.
Unless of course both are on Streaming, then it should be the same.

And even then it may not, for the reasons I stated.

Even right now, I can hear an echo between two rooms that have the game on, they're not simultaneous for a myriad of reasons.

Reminds me of the delay my DirecTivos introduced to everything.

I know for a fact we were all discussing this before the season started, once You tube won the rights.

The only part of that discussion I remember, was that I posted I did not care about the delay, I do not gamble, so not a big deal.

Reactions: Bobby

Seeing you can't be talking to someone on the phone watching the game and have them on the same play.
I do remember that discussion, but even then, I can not recall a single person stating that streaming would be ahead.

Some did say that the delay probably wouldnt be that significant, or they would not care.

What makes you think the people devices cause that ?

In my case, the device, (my Sony TV) is ahead of my desktop computer ...
My TV is wireless while the desktop is wired, so That makes No sense.
it absolutely depends on the device. If you're using a 5 year old underpowered Fire Stick, you're probably going to be a touch behind someone using a Roku that came out this year. That's because it takes a little longer for older devices to buffer.

Also, from your previous post, I got the impression that you were watching the game on your Sony TV via OTA/Satellite? Of course that would be ahead of whatever feed you're getting from your desktop/internet.

with most home internet connections today, wifi speeds have gotten significantly faster to that point that I would say that the speed of difference of wired vs wireless is not going to be noticeable to the end user. i should A/B test this myself, but I don't think the typical end user is going to notice a lag difference between the two

it absolutely depends on the device. If you're using a 5 year old underpowered Fire Stick, you're probably going to be a touch behind someone using a Roku that came out this year. That's because it takes a little longer for older devices to buffer.

Also, from your previous post, I got the impression that you were watching the game on your Sony TV via OTA/Satellite? Of course that would be ahead of whatever feed you're getting from your desktop/internet.

with most home internet connections today, wifi speeds have gotten significantly faster to that point that I would say that the speed of difference of wired vs wireless is not going to be noticeable to the end user. i should A/B test this myself, but I don't think the typical end user is going to notice a lag difference between the two
Latency could still be somewhat higher with wireless, but once the stream gets going, there shouldn't be any difference that would affect the delay we're talking about here. I would expect wi-fi to add less than a second of delay compared to ethernet.

For those concerned about streaming delay.

IMG_4292.jpeg

Reactions: ncted and meStevo