Google to build an Android tablet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
NYT is reporting that Google is considering building a tablet running Android
Google, for example, has been working with several hardware manufacturers to push its Android software, which was originally designed for mobile phones and is a direct competitor to Apple’s iPhone operating system. The company also hopes to make its own apps marketplace available for new slate-like devices.

But Google is going one step further, exploring the idea of building its own slate, an e-reader that would function like a computer.
After iPad, Rivals Offer Hybrid Variations - NYTimes.com

Diogen.

I like the idea of an android tablet, but damn if I could care less about everyone hyping the e-reader angle. Maybe I am missing the boat here, but if I'm reading, I still prefer analog media, especially since once I'm done, I can give it to someone and last I checked, I couldn't transfer the digital copy to a friend.

Well, I am a true-believer with the e-reader concept - but I am sold, hook-line-and-sinker - on the Kindle. e-ink is hard to beat for reading; and the ease of use and convenience is awesome. I say that, and I probably own 1000 "real" books.

But a google tablet running Android would be welcome; just as I am waiting for the other Android tablets coming out. I think Android has far more possibilities than the ipad; for less money, with more flexibility, and NO itunes control.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts