Google to build an Android tablet?

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
NYT is reporting that Google is considering building a tablet running Android
Google, for example, has been working with several hardware manufacturers to push its Android software, which was originally designed for mobile phones and is a direct competitor to Apple’s iPhone operating system. The company also hopes to make its own apps marketplace available for new slate-like devices.

But Google is going one step further, exploring the idea of building its own slate, an e-reader that would function like a computer.
After iPad, Rivals Offer Hybrid Variations - NYTimes.com

Diogen.

I like the idea of an android tablet, but damn if I could care less about everyone hyping the e-reader angle. Maybe I am missing the boat here, but if I'm reading, I still prefer analog media, especially since once I'm done, I can give it to someone and last I checked, I couldn't transfer the digital copy to a friend.

Well, I am a true-believer with the e-reader concept - but I am sold, hook-line-and-sinker - on the Kindle. e-ink is hard to beat for reading; and the ease of use and convenience is awesome. I say that, and I probably own 1000 "real" books.

But a google tablet running Android would be welcome; just as I am waiting for the other Android tablets coming out. I think Android has far more possibilities than the ipad; for less money, with more flexibility, and NO itunes control.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts