GoogleTV and 922?

Nova647

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2008
Will google tv be compatible with 922? From what I have seen the highest VIP receiver is the 722k that will be compatible.

Will google tv be compatible with 922? From what I have seen the highest VIP receiver is the 722k that will be compatible.
The 622/722/722K were not compatible 3 weeks ago. Then new software began spooling and they are now compatible. Scott tells us that the 922 is due for an update. My guess is the next update will include Google TV compatibility.

I hope so. Would hate to have my 922 collect dust and downgrade to a 722 just so I can have google tv.

I hope so. Would hate to have my 922 collect dust and downgrade to a 722 just so I can have google tv.

Its not Google Tv that I want, I want the 922 to have tv1/tv2 remote accessibility like the 522/622/722 series. Currently I have a 922 that has a "solo/dual" button in the menu items and I can set it to watch a different show on each tv...... but I am unable to link a remote to the second tv. Maybe I should quit complaining and wait... it's bound to happen soon....

I really don't want to go back to a 722 either but it depends on how much pressure I get from my wife.

Moe

use the Iphone app to control the tv2 side of things instead of a remote. Your iphone will be the remote its the sling app that I am using

According to dish google tv website the 922 will not have the google tv integration. They hinted that if you do not have the 622 or 722 you may not be able to get google tv at the reduced price since they can't get the integration fee from you. Scott or dish can you verify this and is their plans to make the 922 google tv integration work?

According to dish google tv website the 922 will not have the google tv integration. They hinted that if you do not have the 622 or 722 you may not be able to get google tv at the reduced price since they can't get the integration fee from you. Scott or dish can you verify this and is their plans to make the 922 google tv integration work?
Reading between the lines there, are you? The page does not say the 922 will not have the integration. It says the 622/722/722K have the integration. What it does not say is that those receivers could not have integrated the Logitech Revue prior to the most recent software update. It does not "hint" that you can't get one with a 922. It says available with compatible receivers only. That says you can not get it for a 922. Currently. After the next software update the 922 may be added to the compatible list.

Reading between the lines there, are you? The page does not say the 922 will not have the integration. It says the 622/722/722K have the integration. What it does not say is that those receivers could not have integrated the Logitech Revue prior to the most recent software update. It does not "hint" that you can't get one with a 922. It says available with compatible receivers only. That says you can not get it for a 922. Currently. After the next software update the 922 may be added to the compatible list.

Did you read the fine print? It says only one unit per house hold at this price requires additional monthly fees and is available for the 622 722,722k only.

Sorry my stupid iPad would not allow me to copy and paste the fine print.

That is the reason for my question will dish allow any dish subscribers the ability to get the google box at the reduced price and will the 922 have the software update to make it google compatible?

Did you read the fine print? It says only one unit per house hold at this price requires additional monthly fees and is available for the 622 722,722k only.

Sorry my stupid iPad would not allow me to copy and paste the fine print.

That is the reason for my question will dish allow any dish subscribers the ability to get the google box at the reduced price and will the 922 have the software update to make it google compatible?
Yes, I did read the fine print. That's why I said the 622/722/722K are the currently compatible boxes. No where on the page does it say the 922 will never be compatible which you said in your original post it "hinted" at. It is my belief, based on things Scott has posted that the 922 is due an update soon that will enable Google TV integration. As I said, the currently compatible boxes were not compatible 3 weeks ago.

Whether or not Dish will allow a sub who only has a 922 to have one for $179 in spite of what the page says is anybodies guess. I have read that some folks have pre-ordered and yet I have been told by 3 different CSRs over the last week that you can not pre-order. I will get one though. I still have a couple of 622s backing up the 922 :)

myron243 said:
Yes, I did read the fine print. That's why I said the 622/722/722K are the currently compatible boxes. No where on the page does it say the 922 will never be compatible which you said in your original post it "hinted" at. It is my belief, based on things Scott has posted that the 922 is due an update soon that will enable Google TV integration. As I said, the currently compatible boxes were not compatible 3 weeks ago.

Whether or not Dish will allow a sub who only has a 922 to have one for $179 in spite of what the page says is anybodies guess. I have read that some folks have pre-ordered and yet I have been told by 3 different CSRs over the last week that you can not pre-order. I will get one though. I still have a couple of 622s backing up the 922 :)

I was told by the 922 tech staff that the next update for the 922 Is to fix bugs and to allow for full ehd integration. They could not tell me if the 922 will ever receive the google integration. If scott got official news that this will happen then when will this happen?

If the google integration is to happen then why does their web site not state that a 922 upgrade to google tv is slated to be released at a latter date?

Its not Google Tv that I want, I want the 922 to have tv1/tv2 remote accessibility like the 522/622/722 series. Currently I have a 922 that has a "solo/dual" button in the menu items and I can set it to watch a different show on each tv...... but I am unable to link a remote to the second tv. Maybe I should quit complaining and wait... it's bound to happen soon....

I really don't want to go back to a 722 either but it depends on how much pressure I get from my wife.

Moe

You can link a remote to tv2. I have (2) 32.0 remotes on mine one set to tv1 and one set to tv2. Actually it works really good if you do not have a sling view running the tv2 remote automaticly works as tv 1 when a sling starts it works tv2. I have my bedroom tv on the coax output. So in solo mode the bedroom views tv1 and the remote works tv1. If I want to watch something different than tv1 I start a sling on my iPhone put the phone on the dresser and the remote in the bedroom automaticly switches and works tv2.

If you don't want to use (2) 32 remotes you can also use a ir dish or universal remote on tv1 and switch the tab on the 32 remote for tv2. Just remember to set the receiver to ir mode in the settings menu.

I was told by the 922 tech staff that the next update for the 922 Is to fix bugs and to allow for full ehd integration. They could not tell me if the 922 will ever receive the google integration. If scott got official news that this will happen then when will this happen?

If the google integration is to happen then why does their web site not state that a 922 upgrade to google tv is slated to be released at a latter date?

I would not trust any thing that any of the goons at Dish say on the phone or in a chat. I had someone from level 2 tech chat try to tell me that "Dish" had not released the GoogleTV device yet, when I told him that Logitech made the device, he seemed shocked that I knew that.

And when I mentioned to a couple of 922 CSRs after the last update that the 922 now recognized as many as 4 EHDs they both said "really? I did not know that." CSRs typically know about what is in an update a few days after the fact.

And Dish probably doesn't say the 922 will have it in the future on the website for the same reason they did not have on the web site that the 622/722/722K were going to have it before they had it.

Logitech.com has a list of Sat and Cable Receivers that work with the GoogleTV Logitech Revue. The Slingloaded VIP922 DVR is listed under Dish Network. Click the link....

Revue Customer Care-Answers

Did you mean is not listed? I just clicked the link and there was no 922. And there is no 922 listed on the Dish Google TV page. It is not yet compatible. Next update maybe.

Last edited:
Maybe, just this one time in Dish's software history, they are actually going to give you 922 owners a good update, that fixes a ton of things, instead of rushing to add Google TV to it. That would be a good thing.

Well that's new. It wasn't on the list before. If I were a betting man, I would say that this means that the 922 will function like a non-DVR receiver in that it will accept HDMI control commands, but won't work with the "Enhanced DVR Integration". Notice that there isn't an "*" like there is next to the receivers that do support the Enhanced Integration. Doesn't mean that it won't support it in the future, it just means that it doesn't support it now. Well at least it means that the Revue won't be totally useless with my 922 when I get it.

HDMI Set-top boxes that work with Revue. Recipient Email *Required Your Email *Required Your Name *Required

How do I know if my Set-top box works with Logitech Revue?
Revue is designed to work with any HDMI Set-top box. The following is a list of the Set-top boxes that we have tested with Revue:

Note: This is not a full list of all Set-top boxes. Check back often for updates.

Brand Model Works with Revue Website
Arris Moxi Yes Moxi, HD DVR, HDTV, Digital Video Recorder, Premium Media Center
Cisco Explorer 4640HDC
Explorer 8640HDC Yes Cisco Systems, Inc
DISH Network Solo ViP 211 / 211k
Duo ViP222
Duo ViP222k

Solo DVR ViP612
DuoDVR ViP622*
DuoDVR ViP722*
Duo DVR ViP722k*
SlingLoaded DVR ViP922 Yes

More Information
DISH Satellite TV - $24.99 & HD Free For Life - Let's Watch TV
DIRECTV HR20
HR21
HR22
HR23
HR24
H20
H21
H23
H24
R16 Yes Don't just watch TV. DIRECTV.
Scientific Atlanta 3100HD
4240HDC
4250HDC
8000HD
8000HD DVR
8300HD
8300HD DVR
8300HDC DVR
8240HDC DVR Yes Cisco Systems, Inc
Motorola DCX3200
DCX3400
DCT6412
DCH3200 More Information Motorola Home - Motorola USA

If after purchasing your Revue, you have any questions about your setup, configuration or sound and picture then please contact customer care, we're here to help.

Was this answer helpful?
YesNo
Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.EmailRequired * Your FeedbackRequired *
Other people who viewed this article also viewed
Unable to view a picture from my Motorola STB
DISH Network Enhanced DVR integration supported models
Connecting Revue to my entertainment system
Unable to access DISH Network DVR Recordings
Revue is unable to control my DISH Network Set-top box
Top Reference Articles
HDMI Set-top boxes that work with Revue.
Unable to view a picture from my Motorola STB

Did you mean is not listed? I just clicked the link and there was no 922. And there is no 922 listed on the Dish Google TV page. It is not yet compatible. Next update maybe.

Well, if I could find a way to pull my last post, I would. I tried again this morning and again the complete list as whitewolf posted does not show up. I used Fireshot to get a screenshot of the entire page and the entire list appeared. Huh? I closed Firefox, opened IE8 and there it was. This is on my laptop. Went to the desktop and the same thing happens. Firefox won't scroll that page but IE8 will. I'll try a couple of my other computers later today.</br> In any case, I'm happy to be wrong this time. Well, partially wrong. When I clicked on the Dish Integrated or whatever link at the bottom (in IE8) I get the following, which as DustoMan suggests means the 922 is not yet integrated.

DISH Network Enhanced DVR integration supported models
Which Set-top box models support the DISH Network enhanced DVR integration feature?
Supported models include, the DISH Network ViP-722K, ViP-722 and ViP-622.
The enhanced DVR integration features are:
•DVR Recordings are indexed and included in Quick Search Box results.
•Recordings can be set from Quick Search Box results
•DISH Cinema integration
•Access your DVR Recordings in Queue

At least I have a 622 I can play with it on until the 922 is integrated.

Last edited:
tomcrown1 said:
I was told it is planned for a future update. I know that it won't be in the next update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts