Gosatellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jimmck

Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
missouri
Question has anyone here purchased from gosatellite I purchased a fta receiver for them that arrived damaged. Now a week later can't get a rma from them to get it replaced. Last response from them they have contacted Manf. waiting for them to answer. My response to them was I purchased from gosatellite. I beginning to think I purchased from the wrong company. Also of concern the batteries were in the remote.

Sounds like a bad experience so far, but I had good luck with them on replacing a receiver under warranty. Give them a little time, they did the same with me, but got back with me and replaced the box. We'd all prefer "instant replacement" but that is a rare thing . Try a little patience, but don't give up either.

:)

Brent

It was the Captain 8000hd the flip down face hinges are broken so the face plate is no longer attached. I have a bud, and had a Pansat 2500a wanted to try and get PBS hd. But real concern that this receiver was returned by some hacker because the batteries were in the remote. I was told by gosatellite crs that they only sold new receivers. But they are telling me that they are waiting for a response from Captain about the broken hinges. My response to them was I bought the receiver from them and would like it replaced. Don't know if it was damaged in shipment or came that way from gosatellite. Just would like it replaced so I can get back to my fta.

I hope you get it replaced, they are sponsor here at satelliteguys so I'm hopeful they make it right with you. I don't know why you conclude it was returned by a hacker (unless the software had been changed). Let us know how it goes...

No I don't know if it has been returned or if it had been modifyed I didn't hook it up when I open the box and found it damaged I just contacted gosatellite. I know they are a gold sponsor that is why I decided to purchase from them. I am a dish customer and this site has given me great imformation that you can't get anywhere else.

Thanks

I want to post what I now know first I want to thank Iceberg for steering me to someone who responded to me Thanks Rob. Next buyer beware. I have a different idea of what open box means than what gosatellite does. Open box to gosatellite can mean a physical damage but they don,t tell you that. At the time of purchase not until it arrives and you try to get an RMA. I was told the receiver was checked out and it works, haven't checked it out. I did buy it discounted but openbox didn,t expect physical damage maybe I should have.So I would say if you buy open box from gosatellite ask what that means. I would have thought it might have been missing something, manual cables ETC now know better. So now I'am going to check out it see how it works and tape the front panel on. Not burning bridges once burned twice smart.

I want to post what I now know first I want to thank Iceberg for steering me to someone who responded to me Thanks Rob. Next buyer beware. I have a different idea of what open box means than what gosatellite does. Open box to gosatellite can mean a physical damage but they don,t tell you that. At the time of purchase not until it arrives and you try to get an RMA. I was told the receiver was checked out and it works, haven't checked it out. I did buy it discounted but openbox didn,t expect physical damage maybe I should have.So I would say if you buy open box from gosatellite ask what that means. I would have thought it might have been missing something, manual cables ETC now know better. So now I'am going to check out it see how it works and tape the front panel on. Not burning bridges once burned twice smart.

Sounds like a "scratch and dent" sale, and I can understand how that might be different from "open box" . I can understand your feelings , it should have been made clear to you, in my opinion. That being said, I'm going over to the site to see if I can find any "scratch and dent" bargains.
[edit] link to the clearance area on Gosatellite.com , Clearance Center - Find the best deals on satellite accessories! .
:)

Brent

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts