Got 2nd HR20 (HR20-100)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
But see, since you ARE using a separate RF extender, (which I use in my own house) you really don't know how well the one built in to the receivers works. I would be willing to bet yours DOES work great compared to the one built in, since mine also works better, compared to the RF remotes in BOTH E* & D* receivers I also have. However, I have not tried the HR20 in my own house, but based on the track record of other RF receivers in my house, I'm not holding out that much hope. But as I said, an external antenna has a higher probability of longer distances. ;)

Maybe for kicks sometime, you should cover the IR on your HR20 & try the RF remote all over your house & see how it does. :)

Sorry for any sarcastic tone implied, but yes, it is important to me, as the majority of my clients would be better served with built-in RF remote capabilities, (that also work reliably over long distances) as opposed to having to do separate extenders - not to mention cheaper... :eek:

I live in a 1 levelranch house, not the fancy multi dwellings you guys are in, butwhen I got my -700 with the internal, I to was curious as to how well the RF would work.
I took the remote to ALL areas of the house and it worked great in every instance, thru walls ect. It work as well as the extrernal I had been using with my other rec's.
I was quite happy to see this. :)

Jimbo

I agree, the RF on the -700 worked pretty well. If it wasnt for my complex configuration where I have to use a Harmony and use a Slingbox, I would use RF and be happy with the results.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)