Got a 1.0 meter dish!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Be carefull on the ice and snow. Sounds as if the upgrade has made a huge difference for you, glad it made such a difference for you. Enjoy the programing on G10R, it my favorite satellite.

Larry1 said:
Be carefull on the ice and snow. Sounds as if the upgrade has made a huge difference for you, glad it made such a difference for you. Enjoy the programing on G10R, it my favorite satellite.

Hoping not to have to go back up on the roof for a while. We are potentially looking at some bad weather coming our way tomorrow.

I am even getting Montana PBS, but its right on the margin, with some sputtering and digital quirks. I'm going to have to try adjusting the lnb in and out and see if that makes any difference. But, that will have to wait. My wife is actually impressed with the results. :) I taped American Idol for her.

john green said:
There is another version of American Idol ? Did I miss something in this thread ?
John
Tim is in Canada. In Canada the networks up there (CTV, Global, City, A-Channel) have the rights to a lot of the US shows. Global has American Idol. The difference between the Canadian and the US feed is the commercials and the CAD feed lots of times don’t have previews for next weeks show.

Also, Canadian cable & satellite companies have “US Nets” (Fox, ABC, CBS, NBC) but if someone has the rights to the show (say CTV or Global), in that market they have to “simsub” the Canadian feed over the US one. So if Tim had cable or satellite and tuned to his Fox station, he would still get the Global feed on that station. That’s why we call it the “bastardized” version because sometimes the picture isn’t as clean on the simsub as the original and the big one is Global had the Canadian rights to the SuperBowl. So Canucks couldn’t see the commercials we saw (as long as they had a Global station in their area). There are no simsubs in some areas (where there is no local station)

on a side note, there is a Canadian Idol that is on CTV once American Idol is done for the season.

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the delay in my response.
The reception improved moving the LNB away from the dish.
The lnb mount has a round hole to bolt to the arm. I turned the hole into a slot by cutting off the material between the hole and the end of the mount.
Then added a big washer to the bolt and now the mount slides back about 1/4 inch.
This improved the signal quality noticeably.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)