Got a 12ft C-band dish, need help identifying it

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nbkhwjm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2016
Central Alabama, USA
I acquired a 12 ft c-band dish, it was on the ground and needed some work. its missing the lna assembly I'd like to identify it.

its 12ft, aluminum, in 8 slices..

The attached pictures are right after pickup, it was buried in the ground a bit..

its aluminum, and free so if it was junk, i have aluminum to scrap..

I've taken it apart, power washed, repaired the frame and mesh, straightened and sandblasted.. Its still in slices though.

BTW the Army truck is a 900 series 5ton, so its 8ft wide if that helps on perspective...

Chris

Attachments

• Pictured.jpg
    Pictured.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 413
  • Picturef.jpg
    Picturef.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 408
  • Pictureg.jpg
    Pictureg.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 453
  • Pictureq.jpg
    Pictureq.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 410
Reactions: Magic Static
It's not a common one for sure. Looks like a great project though. You should take lots of pictures during the refurbishment and install and keep us up to date on the progress :)

Yeh I have never seen one exactly like that.

It appears that it may have some issues with it's parabolic shape so I would make sure you can get it straightened to where it will string test acceptably, before you spend a lot of time restoring it.

Reactions: beavs2112
Look's like a Columbian; the Columbian was about eleven feet 8"; had a long nosed center or a 4 strut. Could it be a Echo from old? Has the same mount as the Echostar did; but i have not seen one that old lately. Actually it is very easy to get it going again. Brute force tactics is holding them down. I take the paint and bolts off the dish too if I was this old

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts