Got a 12ft C-band dish, need help identifying it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nbkhwjm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2016
Central Alabama, USA
I acquired a 12 ft c-band dish, it was on the ground and needed some work. its missing the lna assembly I'd like to identify it.

its 12ft, aluminum, in 8 slices..

The attached pictures are right after pickup, it was buried in the ground a bit..

its aluminum, and free so if it was junk, i have aluminum to scrap..

I've taken it apart, power washed, repaired the frame and mesh, straightened and sandblasted.. Its still in slices though.

BTW the Army truck is a 900 series 5ton, so its 8ft wide if that helps on perspective...

Chris

Attachments

• Pictured.jpg
    Pictured.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 412
  • Picturef.jpg
    Picturef.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 407
  • Pictureg.jpg
    Pictureg.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 451
  • Pictureq.jpg
    Pictureq.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 409
Reactions: Magic Static
It's not a common one for sure. Looks like a great project though. You should take lots of pictures during the refurbishment and install and keep us up to date on the progress :)

Yeh I have never seen one exactly like that.

It appears that it may have some issues with it's parabolic shape so I would make sure you can get it straightened to where it will string test acceptably, before you spend a lot of time restoring it.

Reactions: beavs2112
Look's like a Columbian; the Columbian was about eleven feet 8"; had a long nosed center or a 4 strut. Could it be a Echo from old? Has the same mount as the Echostar did; but i have not seen one that old lately. Actually it is very easy to get it going again. Brute force tactics is holding them down. I take the paint and bolts off the dish too if I was this old

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)