got a dish w/cband...need ku-band lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Hi, I'm getting my brother's c-band dish (9foot mesh with tiny holes - ok for ku) Currently it only has the lnb from his old analog setup.

If I want analog AND Ku reception, do I add a second lnb for the Ku, or is there a "dual duty" lnb that I should consider?

many thanks for your opinions,
-jerry

You'll probably need a new feedhorn that can accept both a c-band lnb and a ku band lnb.

JerryK said:
Hi, I'm getting my brother's c-band dish (9foot mesh with tiny holes - ok for ku) Currently it only has the lnb from his old analog setup.

If I want analog AND Ku reception, do I add a second lnb for the Ku, or is there a "dual duty" lnb that I should consider?

many thanks for your opinions,
-jerry

you need dual feed horn and ku band lnb, if doesnt already have one, and if you really want to have some fun invest in a 4dtv for digital channels, theyve got a lot of freebie channels on digital side.

Thanks for the anwers, guys. I'll start looking for the dual feedhorn etc. Any chance his old c-band lnb (about 1990) will fit in the new feedhorn...or have sizes/shapes changed?

4dtv is the plan. The receiver I'm looking at now is the Motorola DSR-922. I like that it has a on-screen guide and is upgradeable to HD. Is the 922 the best box to get?

Because I'm on a budget, I'm looking on eBay for feedhorn/lnb assemblies...

and guy is selling Chaparral Corotor II with a couple of Eagle Aspen Lnbs.

...These Eagle Aspens seem to be quite common on eBay..but my question is, are they any good?

Norsat LNBs are more rare and seem to cost more $$....so can I assume they're better?

THanks for any opinions you guys have!

Norsat's are the best. Eagle's are ok, but you get what you pay for.

To be honest, its worth the extra money for a quality Norsat, especially if you want no drop outs on digital DVB, you can set up what you have now and put some money aside till you can get a new feed horn and lnb's, after the dish is up and running it is vary easy to swap the feed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)