Got a New Dish, recommendations for LNB?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

patch101

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
Kamloops, BC
Parents have been watching on an old Starchoice 24X28" dish. Quality is ok, between 20-40%. Picked up a bigger ROC Dish 30x32" for 50 bucks hoping
that the LNB would be linear (but no such luck it Circular) Anyone have recommendations on a where to grab a good one for this dish?

Parents have been watching on an old Starchoice 24X28" dish. Quality is ok, between 20-40%. Picked up a bigger ROC Dish 30x32" for 50 bucks hoping
that the LNB would be linear (but no such luck it Circular) Anyone have recommendations on a where to grab a good one for this dish?
If you can not find one from Sat AV, try E-bay. I have the same ROC dish and I found a linear for mine there.
RT.

Were you happy with the purchase, quality etc. What brand if you don't mind saying
ROC
Dual Linear standard LNBF
Model: ROC 785A
R.F. 11.7 - 12.75Ghz
L.O. 10.75GHz
Noise: 0.4db
I used this one because it replaced exactly what was on the dish when I bought it from a pirate. I can not complain about how it has been working. So, guess it is OK.

RT.

I like the offerings of wsi international.I think some of our sponsors sell their products.
And of course,if your going to use several stbs,get twins/duels.
The above ESX 521is an good lnb at a very good price.It also comes in duel and is a wsi.
I've never seen it priced that low.-----Awesome !!!!!!!!

Thx guys, I guess what I'm not 100% sure about too is how universal the bracket would be for the new LNB, as well as, how would the Rotation (-18 for example for 97W)
On the Starchoice Dish it has it right on the LNB. So I just rotate it to the -18 position.

PS, I also noticed that this Dish does a Tilt. Like you can rotate the dish. Whats the purpose to that?

The tilt is called skew.The purpose is to adjust the dish for maximum reception.
If the dish is made to use a 40mm throat ,then "most" all fta lnbs will fit.The rotation (or also called skew) of the lnb is for the same reason.You can set your dish up for that degree,but I found in most cases,you will need to make minor adjustments to the lnb.Some don't call for a skew,but when turned one way or the other could improve signal.This usually depends on what size dish your using also.

The tilt is called skew.The purpose is to adjust the dish for maximum reception.
If the dish is made to use a 40mm throat ,then "most" all fta lnbs will fit.The rotation (or also called skew) of the lnb is for the same reason.You can set your dish up for that degree,but I found in most cases,you will need to make minor adjustments to the lnb.Some don't call for a skew,but when turned one way or the other could improve signal.This usually depends on what size dish your using also.

So are you saying that the skew can be done with the Dish itself and not just the LNB?

If the whole dish can be skewed (ChannelMaster dishes usually do) then skew the whole dish
If you can't then just skew the LNB. You would twist the LNB clockwise or counter depending on sat. Being in Kamloops pretty much all your sats would be clockwise (if you're standing in front of the dish facing it) except maybe 125W

If the whole dish can be skewed (ChannelMaster dishes usually do) then skew the whole dish
If you can't then just skew the LNB. You would twist the LNB clockwise or counter depending on sat. Being in Kamloops pretty much all your sats would be clockwise (if you're standing in front of the dish facing it) except maybe 125W

Okay, the whole dish does skew. I was just confused looking at some of the LNB's available they don't look like they can be skewed. So I wasn't sure if it was
just a bracket that I need or if it could be accomplished with the dish itself.

If the dish skews then you take the numbers that places like DIshpointer show for skew from 90

so if it shows -10 skew then the dish gets skewed to 80

So are you saying that the skew can be done with the Dish itself and not just the LNB?
Yes, as Ice has stated.
You can see with my ROC on the far left the LNB is "square" with the dish and the "tilt", skew, was done with the dish rotating.
DSC02243.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)