Got a Sprint Mogul (6800) for only $288.99

I had some water issues with mine a few months ago. I let it dry out and a day or so later it started working again.

When I contacted a local Sprint store they said the "tech" could look at it but once I said anything about water they were not allowed to touch it. Needed to call a 1800 number or something.

So you may want to talk to a tech at a local store but don't say anything about water. Just say it started doing that.

Wouldn't hurt to try.:)

The problem might be fixed...

I saw a tip on another website to remove the battery for 60 seconds, then put it back in and do a hard reset.

I did that and it hasn't rebooted again. (knock on wood)

Something about crap being stuck in memory and the only way to clear it is to take the battery out so that the crap in the memory fades away.

I don't know if it makes sense... but it worked. :)

I saw a tip on another website to remove the battery for 60 seconds, then put it back in and do a hard reset.

Something about crap being stuck in memory and the only way to clear it is to take the battery out so that the crap in the memory fades away.

That's good to know.

Glad its working again and that it was an easy fix!

Nope never used that rom.

Was using the leaked Sprint Rom. Now back to the official release.

It started rebooting again today, when to Sprint and their tech support department was already closed.

My wife went down today and got me a new 6800 and it didn't cost me anything. :)

I am now however on the insurance plan.

All is great again. :)

Glad to see you got it figured out!

I forgot mine at home today and I am lost at work. Keep grabbing for it and then panicking that I lost it. It is just amazing how dependent you become on a cell phone. A few years ago I swore I would never need one!

There is something wrong with my 6800.

This weekend we went to the amusement park and I put my 6800 in a locker when I got back later the 6800 wouldn't work.

I opened up the battery compartment and there were a few drops of water in it. I dried it out but it wouldn't stay powered up.

I took it home and charged it up. It then powered up.

However now it just spazes out and reboots at random times, it could be on for an hour and never reboot, and then sometimes it will reboot and just keep rebooting over and over again. Sometimes it wont even finish rebooting before it reboots again.

I dropped the software back to the current Sprint software but I know its not a software issue, as sometime it reboots before the software even starts loading. I even hard reset the unit a few times just to make sure.

I took out my extended battery and put in the one that came with the phone and it does the same thing. I also removed the memory card with no luck.

I am on SERO which I thought had the hardware warranty, but after checking my account it does not. I dont really want to spend $600 on another 6800. Nor do I want to upgrade to a Touch, I like the slide out keyboard.

Any thoughts of suggestions?

I know you got a new one but next time check the battery connections. Water may have corroded the contacts. If it lost battery power for an instant it will reboot. I had a similar problem with my 6700. One pin had some corrosion and was hard to keep clean. I'd clean it and a week or two later, need cleaning again.

Just to FYI you guys that don't normally go to the other sites.

New sprint rom out, updated Rom and Radio (even updated from the Kitchen Roms). Looks to be an official Rom that just is not on the HTC site yet.

Anyways, I loaded it up the other day, has everything my cooked rom did, is pretty quick (I think it's about as quick as the cooked Rom). Seems to have a PRL update in it too, I know mine got updated, but I don't know if I got it in the last week and didn't realize it. Radio seems better in this one, even over my kitchen rom. Getting really good signal in my basement now.

New Official Sprint ROM (3.56, radio 3.42.20) - PPCGeeks

Just to FYI you guys that don't normally go to the other sites.

New sprint rom out, updated Rom and Radio (even updated from the Kitchen Roms). Looks to be an official Rom that just is not on the HTC site yet.

Anyways, I loaded it up the other day, has everything my cooked rom did, is pretty quick (I think it's about as quick as the cooked Rom). Seems to have a PRL update in it too, I know mine got updated, but I don't know if I got it in the last week and didn't realize it. Radio seems better in this one, even over my kitchen rom. Getting really good signal in my basement now.

New Official Sprint ROM (3.56, radio 3.42.20) - PPCGeeks

Thanks...I was using a beta of this rom from a month or two ago and it has been pretty reliable. I'll update this tonight and get rid of the "test only" message, see if there are any other improvements.

The beta I has was 3.49, this final relese is 3.56, so there had to be a few changes in this final one.

My wife went down today and got me a new 6800 and it didn't cost me anything. :)

I am now however on the insurance plan.

All is great again. :)

That Sprint insurance is only $7 / mo for coverage of replacements immediately for "regular use failures" and $50 deductible replacements via mail for damaged/water/lost replacements.

Really can't beat it on a phone that costs $300-600 to replace. With SERO and full coverage my bill is still just $40/mo.

Thanks...I was using a beta of this rom from a month or two ago and it has been pretty reliable. I'll update this tonight and get rid of the "test only" message, see if there are any other improvements.

The beta I has was 3.49, this final relese is 3.56, so there had to be a few changes in this final one.

Hey, one thing I had an issue with was HTChome plugin. so if you use that be ware that it seems to freeze up if you use the version from official website. I used the file titled
HTC - Home Shen 2.1 (then some other text)
it works great and actually fixed the weather tab that was broken for me under my 3.49 cooked rom.

Other than that, everything is working fine on my phone.
Sprint Nav is updated from the version I was using
Sprint TV is officially on it (had it before, but it's nice that it's official)
The Diamond Dialer skins work well for me now.

Upgraded to the DCD 3.20 ROM last night. Have my upgrading system down pat where I really don't have to configure much since most of my apps and configs are cooked into my ROMs. It's great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts