Got a Sprint Mogul (6800) for only $288.99

The fun memory leak subject... some have it... some don't. Depends on your apps you're running I guess.

Have I ever worried about memory on my Mogul.. nope.. do I run a bunch of different apps. Yep.

Check out DCD's 3.0.1 kitchen. Well worth the flash. I'll never go back stock.

Be sure and unlock your phone first:

Titan Flashing for Dummies - a very basic guide - PPCGeeks

dcd's titan ROMs & kitchen 3.0.1 - xda-developers

And for the other Alltel poster in this thread with the 6800... here's how to add GPS and WM 6.1 to your phone.

Sprint Official and DCD on Alltel - Success Story - PPCGeeks

Thanks digi. I've got my phone unlocked, been thinking of loading a custom ROM after my 30 day window is up (just in case I wanna swap for some reason). I was looking at DCD's stuff, so I'm glad to see you find it that good.

I've definately got a leak, it's not overly annoying, I run a few things, but even with only phone use, my memory decreases about 8% over the workday. A soft reset cures it and honestly I have not had a single problem because of it. One thing I did find useful for me is Oxios CloseApp and Hibernate. Those 2 really do a decent job for me and have actually gotten me to the point I can go about 4 days without a soft reset.

On the ROM's, is there one that lets the handsfree bluetooth use the phone book to make phone calls without recording your own voice?

Can I Transfer my number from Verizon(I'm out of contract) to a sero Plan or do I have to get a new Number??

Yes. Someone I helped signed up on a Sunday had their phone in hand on Tuesday. Open the box and ported the number in the same day from their old carrier.

I went from a pay-as-you-go phone with Virgin moble to Sprint. Took a little work and repeated phone calls but I got my phone number ported.

Well, I have my Mogul on the way on the SERO $30 plan(Thanks to Digi and everyone in the Pub for the recommendations). Can't wait to get it, it has everything I want and is less than I pay now! Almost too good to be true, I keep checking my email to see if I get a message saying the order was canceled! Will the phone have the newest ROM out of the box or should I plan on upgrading (official ROMs for now) before I get too far into installing stuff?

Go with the Seido rubberized thin case.

+1

I went with digi's recommendation on this case, definately nice and not bulky.

I also upped my battery to the larger capacity, same form factory one (1650MAH)
1650MAH OEM SIZE EXTENDED LIFE BATTERY - BASI16P6800

and I got the clip for the skinned phone, actually here is a combo of the case and holder
SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE & HOLSTER COMBO FOR XV 6800 / PPC 6800 - BD2-HLCSR2XV6800-BK

The phone will not fit in the pouch it came with after you get the skin.

Got the phone today. Haven't had much time with it, little problem getting the number ported but everything is good. Love the confirmation call where they went through all the options and then said $30 :D

I would switch to Sprint in a heartbeat if I could get a great deal on 3 family talk lines with data and text, and found a way to lessen the expense of my verizon contract.

They just won't budge on their equipment prices....

Its pretty cool, I'm liking it so far! Coverage is a touch spotty at my house but I very rarely end up roaming and hey, its free anyway! Wifi is great and the EVDO network seems really fast. As far as I see it, you can't beat the SERO deal!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)