Got a Sprint Mogul (6800) for only $288.99

Their new Innodock sucks. Have to make a special effort to line up the mini USB. The old dual battery plus phone desk charger for the 6700 was great. I did buy the BCS13 so I could charge my spare battery and phone at the same time. Another great accessory are the stylus pens that are triple telescoping. Sometimes I just need an ink pen and don't have one.
The sedio car cradle is fine but the hands free external microphone doesn't work. I plan to buy a BT hands free kit that works automatically with an LCD screen for caller ID etc. Just get in the car with the phone on your belt holster and the car's BT automatically connects to the phone. I have one in the Toyota and have become spoiled with it.

Larry- I'd make the move. I don't regret doing it here but I load a bunch of appls. In the 6700 I had to reboot several times a day. The only rebooting I do with the 6800 is what is done with the auto 4AM backup I do. Also nice to have the micro 4Gb memory that costs $29 these days.

Someone posted that had an issue making three way calls on the 6800. I had to make a couple of 3-way calls and had no issues. I just hit the talk key, dialed the phone number and hit talk again. Just like I did before with my last flip phone.

Anyone doing Navizon and joined up to the Satelliteguys.US group... Be sure to send your location so you show up on the google map.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1280112-post180.html

From the Menu
Go To Map
Then Menu Again
Buddies
Send Location (so it's checked).
After your next sync, you should show up on the group/buddy google map for the satelliteguys.us group.

Also, some things I've noticed. Don't try to exit the program with the X, instead choose menu>exit. Otherwise it seems to not end properly.

Someone posted that had an issue making three way calls on the 6800. I had to make a couple of 3-way calls and had no issues. I just hit the talk key, dialed the phone number and hit talk again. Just like I did before with my last flip phone.

Yes, that works for me too but only when the 1st call is inbound. If outbound it doesn't do squat!

I've been running the PPCGeeks 6.0 ROM for a while, and it's MUCH more stable than WM5 ever was. Thinking seriously of upgrading to the 6.1 stuff. Still not sure if the $200.00 is worth it to move to the 6800.

Thanks for the input, Don.

Yeah I got on the same plan as far as through the Sprint SERO I went with the $30 plan with the same features except I only get 500 anytime minutes everything else is the same. I got my wife the Pink Centro due to she wanted a pink phone to match her pink Sony Laptop. I went with the Motorola Q 9c been happy with it so far no issues. I have a friend that is a Sprint Engineer so I just used his E-mail address. So far I have been very happy with the service works well every where I go The data towers here work well and they post to be updating them to Sprints EVDO speeds should increase. I like Sprint the best over AT&T so forth just think their Networks are a little better and their plans are packaged well. :)

How do I change the sound notification for Text messages? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks. I didn't know you have to use the pull down menu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts