Got a Sprint Mogul (6800) for only $288.99

Thanks!!! Loaded up Google Maps and like you said, boom! Finding directions or locations is super fast. I punched in a search to a nearby town, and then asked it for all the bars in the areas. Showed me how to get to them and all the info. Awesome.

Obviously I got my phone updated with the latest ROM today by the IT Dept. Seemed to be fairly painless.

Try the MSN LiveSearch if you can. It can also use the GPS on the phone and has voice recognition when you are searching for something when you can't type.

Anyone know how to use conference calling?

I can get it to work when the first call is inbound but when I make the first call outbound I can't get it to HOLD by pressing the Talk button.

Well after I had some issues with Google Map, I tried the Windows Live Search and it seemed to work fine. Tried some voice commands and that was fine and dandy too, but I still liked Google's set up better......but now it doesn't work! I tried uninstalling Windows, reinstalled Google, you name it. It just sits on seeking satellites (0) and then must finally time out and close. I also get a a device.exe error later after it closes and asks if I want to send an error report to MS.

It's working again. I must be in a "dead zone" near my office building because it won't sniff one satellite. Even standing outside the building I get nothing. I got home and it fired right off again.

Next question: How involved is it to tether this phone to a laptop? I've done a little reading on some of the PPC forums, but it gets so diluted with other info that it's difficult to decipher what works and what doesn't by the time the thread is five pages in length.

It's working again. I must be in a "dead zone" near my office building because it won't sniff one satellite. Even standing outside the building I get nothing. I got home and it fired right off again.

Next question: How involved is it to tether this phone to a laptop? I've done a little reading on some of the PPC forums, but it gets so diluted with other info that it's difficult to decipher what works and what doesn't by the time the thread is five pages in length.

If you like an easy method... I'll send you a cab for WMWifiRouter. Once it is installed this is how you tether:

Turn on WiFi on the device
Load WMWifiRouter
Hit Connect and wait for it to say Connected
Search for Wireless Networks on the laptop and connect.

I'm going to try to feed my home network off of the Mogul tonight and see what happens. The WRT54g 3rd party firmware has an option to connect via WAN through the wireless. Should provide a good backup during those rare cable outages. Curious to see how my VoicePulse works through it.

Is it really as simple as it sounds?

It's so easy I don't understand why anyone has a problem, just make sure activesync is installed as it also installs the modem drivers.

1. Change registry entry for multi-nai (optional, do a search)
2. Plug usb in computer only
3. Open IE on the 6800 itself
4. Open Internet sharing on the 6800, leave settings usb and PCS then hit connect
5. Plug usb into 6800, wait a few seconds for it to set up connection on computer, you can now close IE on the 6800 now as well.

That's it, remember when your done hit disconnect on your 6800 BEFORE unplugging the USB.

So overall, you guys are still reccomending the mogul over everything else Sprint offers?

How did the setup work for you Digi with your home network running off the mogul?

I got one of the 6800 phones off ebay and it should be here soon.

So overall, you guys are still reccomending the mogul over everything else Sprint offers?

How did the setup work for you Digi with your home network running off the mogul?
Personally, I really like the Sprint Mogul...but if it weren't for the slide-out keyboard, I just may prefer my wife's HTC Touch. Personally, I want a PDA with a full-size keyboard and 19" widescreen monitor, but good luck clipping that one to my belt.:rolleyes:

After 6 months of Sprint SERO service, we can't complain. We pay $60 for two 450 minutes plans with unlimited text/Internet, plus tax each month and we've had excellent coverage in both the Washington DC (current home) and Dallas areas (future home). Additionally, we have had no billing problems. However, setting up service was a royal pain-the-arse since hold times were excessive and CSRs appeared to be untrained and English was not a primary language. Just as long as you're in a good service area and don't have to contact Sprint customer service...you can't go wrong with the Mogul.

I love my 6800, and now with the new rom I love it even more.

Other then giving it some more memory this may be the world most perfect PDA.

I love it when people show me their Iphones then I rip out my 6800 and show them what they are missing. :D :D

Thanks riff and everyone in this thread. My wife gets a hefty (24%) discount on sprint service plans so that is our primary reason for being with sprint in the first place. We are both lookikng to upgrade phones and were looking at the PDA models for our upgrades. A mogul is probably overkill for her, but I like what I read and what I have seen with them.

Is it really as simple as it sounds?

It's so easy I don't understand why anyone has a problem, just make sure activesync is installed as it also installs the modem drivers.

1. Change registry entry for multi-nai (optional, do a search)
2. Plug usb in computer only
3. Open IE on the 6800 itself
4. Open Internet sharing on the 6800, leave settings usb and PCS then hit connect
5. Plug usb into 6800, wait a few seconds for it to set up connection on computer, you can now close IE on the 6800 now as well.

That's it, remember when your done hit disconnect on your 6800 BEFORE unplugging the USB.

Good thread to read for tethering with the cable:

Tethering with the new ROM - PPCGeeks

I figured it wouldn't work as advertised. I didn't do the registry change (says optional so I opt'd not to). I get the error code 67 everyone talks about. Says remote party has ended this connection shortly after connecting the USB cable to the 6800.

I installed WM 6 on my 6700 (model before the sleek mogul) and after that started having trouble tethering, and when it did connect it would drop in 5 minutes.

I found this program someone designed to take care of some registry/driver tweaks and since it has worked great, i tether through bluetooth now and it is more reliable than what I had through USB before.

Expert: Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen - One of the BEST hacks of the year: Dial-up Networking Through Bluetooth Under WM5 AKU3 / WM6: at last, it’s WORKING, thanks to XDA-Dev folks (incl. me)!

You need to do the registry change. My guess is you have a SERO account. :)

All is working fine from here, this Rev A rom rocks (and so does the GPS)

Why does a SERO plan make a difference? I don't have one, but I read more and more the people with SERO seem to have issues with tethering.

I am hoping to get time to go get our new phones tonight, but things keep coming up.

Blackberry?

Sprint SERO ending this month!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts