Got a Sprint Mogul (6800) for only $288.99

Does anyone have this that had the previous version 6700? If so, how do you like and dislike it compared to the old one. Service provider shouldn't matter that much, because all I want to know about is features on the phone.

Ramy- I have the XV6800 now. Had the XV6700.

Everything said is true. It is a great PDA phone but some things take some getting used to. Such as-
The slide open is opposite the 6700. The stylus is telescoping and comes out the bottom. There is a wheel that rolls playback volume up and down. There is no stereo mini-mini jack, just the mini USB jack for charging and audio and USB sync to a laptop. The camera is higher resolution. The additional memory internal is finally large enough to handle most user's needs. It takes a 4g. micro SD card. That is enough to hold all the tomtom maps, lots of mp3's and a couple of full length movies compressed for that screen size.

One bug I discovered and haven't been able to fix yet. The BT hands free works well for phone, including built in voice command for dialing but when I try to use it with media playback, it holds for about 30 seconds and then disconnects back to the speaker. The speaker is louder and better sounding than the XV6700 but this bug is bugging me to try to fix right now. Oh and the battery life seems about 20% longer. I can now get through a whole work day before the phone needs recharging. But using the wifi radio still sucks the battery down very fast.

That about covers it except for a few other minor issues.

I recommend adding the spb screen for tabbed desktop. It is much easier than the TODAY screen.

Finally, I had to reboot my XV6700 2-3 times a day to keep everything working. The 6800 only gets rebooted automatically during the daily backup process. Otherwise, it never hangs on any program and I never need to reboot during the day.

Just to add a few things... the unit comes with a set of stereo wired headphones that plugs in the little USB port on the bottom. If you need to charge and listen they have a Y-dongle that comes with the phone.

I have a simple jabra bluetooth headset that has a plug in piece for stereo listening. I also have a little $5 adapter that converts the USB plug to female headphone jack for plugging the phone into stereo system at parties. With the latest non-stock ROMs I haven't had any issues with the bluetooth listening and/or phone use.

That being said... if you get the phone. You can't stay stock on the ROMs. The custom ROMs out there fix several issues that the legit ROMs are play catch up with. The WM 6.1 ROM was a huge improvement in stability, speed, and battery life with my phone.

Yes you lose everything as your doing a hard reset.

I upgraded mine today to Windows Mobile 6.1 today. Its very snappy and I like the fact I can install apps in the extended rom directory. :)

I figured as much. My 6800 is through my work so I probably won't mess with it as it syncs to my work email and such and is set up by the dreaded "IT Department". :eek:

I saw that this morning shortly after it was released as well. Since my 6800 is through work I put a service request in to get it updated and they may be doing it tomorrow. Hopefully it fixes the bugs too. I noticed there was an upgrade posted on HTC's website that was newer than what resides in my phone and that could have resolved some of the bugs too. We'll see!

So with this upgrade the GPS does what exactly? Do you need another app to use your phone like a hand held GPS or what is the functionality of this feature?

So with this upgrade the GPS does what exactly? Do you need another app to use your phone like a hand held GPS or what is the functionality of this feature?

I flashed the stock ROM this afternoon. No change in internet speeds for me, but I'm curious to see if it stops the internet connection from falling on its face.

The GPS activates the GPS on the device. This GPS version is MUCH better than the leaked ROM. I can load up GoogleMaps and hit UseGPS and boom 10 seconds later it has my location perfectly. Even in the center of my house! It has to be using some sort of tower triangulation...or as most call it... aGPS. Assisted GPS.

Just cooked up a custom ROM with the DCD 3.0 kitchen. Loving the speeds with WMWifiRouter on the laptop. No RevA here but the speeds are kicking! Fastest I've seen in this area. I though it was a fluke until I tried downloading some large files.

Had a real panic yesterday. Lost my Mogul phone yesterday. Fell off my belt clip outside of my work in the rain! We had some bad storms blow through yesterday.

By the time I found it, it was soaked and the 3 color OS type screen was showing.

Pulled the battery, dried it all out and let it sit out to air dry overnight. So far everything seems to be working. The mic for the phone didn't want to work at first but then it just started to work. Hope that is all the strange stuff that happens.

I guess I should just be glad that the phone didn't walk off before I found it!:)

Thanks!!! Loaded up Google Maps and like you said, boom! Finding directions or locations is super fast. I punched in a search to a nearby town, and then asked it for all the bars in the areas. Showed me how to get to them and all the info. Awesome.

Obviously I got my phone updated with the latest ROM today by the IT Dept. Seemed to be fairly painless.

Blackberry?

Sprint SERO ending this month!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)