Got a Sprint Mogul (6800) for only $288.99

Plus, my unlimited Text MSG came through...now if I can only find a need to use it instead of merely calling the recipient.

Text messaging is nice for times you can't use voice to talk to people. Or if you have a buddy that loves to talk to your ear off but you only need to ask him/her a quick question. Sending phone numbers, addresses to people, website addresses, etc.. to others without a pen or paper.

I installed the threaded SMS application yesterday. Definitely brings a new way to text messaging. A few of my friends asked "how the hell do you text so fast!?" LOL.

The only other thing I was missing on the Mogul was the picture mail to other Sprint users but I also found and installed the MMS application that works very well. A group of friends usually send each other just odd pictures during daily activities, keeps the day from getting bored at some times ;)

Let me get back to my Zak McKraken game on pocketPC ScummVM.

I have been using my Mogul while on vacation (I am using it right now). The unlimted mobile web is nice, but there is only so much typing I can do on that little keyboard before I've had enough. All-in-all I really like the phone and I can't complain about any of the Sprint services and coverage so far. However, I will have to decided if I am going to keep the phone/Sprint service since just about all friends and family are on Verizon. No reboots so far...

Another thought...my only complaint is that I am not happy with the battery life. Where can I get a better battery for the Mogul?

I haven't had any issues with battery life, I guess I'm always around a charger in the car or home. I'd suggest a second battery if you are burning through them that quickly. I did see a link on PPCGeeks with a bigger battery but it stuck out of the bottom making it heavier and bulkier.

I went to a Sprint store today to play with one for a bit. Unfortunately the dimwits at Sprint had one clamped into a bracket tethered with a large steel retractable cable.

The bracket was clamped on so tight they bent the Mogul and it was broke. So much for me testing one out. The pricing here is $289 after two rebates $100 and $150 with new service. This makes it in range of the iphone pricing with equivalent storage memory.

I'll find another Sprint store that has one not crushed by some idiotic clamp.

The SERO site appears to not be working again.

I've been following this SERO saga for many months now but I haven't been able to talk myself into switching from my current cell phone provider which has been flawless. Granted I don't have a smart phone and just a standard cell, but I've been looking harder at going that route all the time and SERO makes it quite appealing. The only problem is that when I use my zip code it says that SERO is not available in this area. I've read about some work-arounds for that but I also want to be able to port my current number and I'm pretty sure that won't happen with the work-around.

Last week I recieved a 6800/Mogul through work so I've been working on getting it to my liking. I previously had the 6700 and the Mogul is much nicer to use, plus the smaller size make this a lot better than the clunky 6700 brick. The Mogul also has a longer battery life than the 6700 which was very bad if you had a busy day on the phone. The 6700 was on a different provider which didn't have EVDO, but now we are on Sprint with EVDO.

Now with EVDO and Slingbox being a possibility, is it possible to use the Mogul just as a receiver and output the signal to a TV for a bigger screen to watch? Someone asked me that the other day and I hadn't really thought about it, but since we've never had EVDO a Slingbox really wasn't an option anyway.

There is no way for you to output video from your phone to a TV.

However sling is coming out with a device that you can plus into a TV and watch your slingbox. :)

Scott- didn't they discuss this up on PDA Forums a year ago. Use BT to feed the internet connect to your laptop. Then use Sling box on the laptop. Feeding the laptop RGB out to a small DLP projector is easy. I do that part now for my Hotel room Home theater.

Ok, I signed up with Sprint to get the Mogul. What company was used to ship your Mogul? I have a tracking number as of this morning and Sprint says online it has shipped but I cannot find any carrier that the tracking number will work?

Blackberry?

Sprint SERO ending this month!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)