Got a Sprint Mogul (6800) for only $288.99

Does anyone have problems with the Bluetooth staying connected? I have a bluetooth headset and I have to keep going into the settings and turning it back on.

Are you using an older ROM?

I only use the bluetooth when I'm driving and need to use the phone for a long period... avoiding the status of "blue tool" ;)

I am still using the stock ROM. I need to upgrade but don't really know how to do it.

Ok, I flashed my phone with the latest ROM from Alltel with the help of Digiblur. It seems to have fixed my Bluetooth problem.

You never know....just keep checking the website. In the past they kept extending it, something tells me they won't extend it this time.

Finally got around to loading up a cooked Rom on my phone. Don't know why I kept putting if off. Love the features and options of the kitchens.

Finally got around to loading up a cooked Rom on my phone. Don't know why I kept putting if off. Love the features and options of the kitchens.

Careful... is an addictive habit. I seem to change rom's about once every 2 weeks on my HTC tilt.

I have trouble with my Verizon version. It works fine for phone use but when I try to listen to a podcast mp3 file it stays connected for about 30 seconds and then drops the connection. If I click on the BT phone button it connects for about another 30 seconds and then drops. I never had this problem with the 6700.

Hey Mike, it's really not a big deal to do it, I just took too much time looking around, then the "leaked" new sprint rom came out, so I just waited for user reports on it before I upped to it.

There is something wrong with my 6800.

This weekend we went to the amusement park and I put my 6800 in a locker when I got back later the 6800 wouldn't work.

I opened up the battery compartment and there were a few drops of water in it. I dried it out but it wouldn't stay powered up.

I took it home and charged it up. It then powered up.

However now it just spazes out and reboots at random times, it could be on for an hour and never reboot, and then sometimes it will reboot and just keep rebooting over and over again. Sometimes it wont even finish rebooting before it reboots again.

I dropped the software back to the current Sprint software but I know its not a software issue, as sometime it reboots before the software even starts loading. I even hard reset the unit a few times just to make sure.

I took out my extended battery and put in the one that came with the phone and it does the same thing. I also removed the memory card with no luck.

I am on SERO which I thought had the hardware warranty, but after checking my account it does not. I dont really want to spend $600 on another 6800. Nor do I want to upgrade to a Touch, I like the slide out keyboard.

Any thoughts of suggestions?

I thought SERO had the hardware warranty too. What does it have? just ESRP or whatever that non-hardware portion of the TEP is?

I thought I saw over on PPCgeeks a ROM utility to wipe the mogul clean and let it only come to the color bars so you can load up a rom from scratch, but I can't find it now. I would think if it really is hardware issue, it would just keep rebooting even on the colorbar screen.

There is something wrong with my 6800.

This weekend we went to the amusement park and I put my 6800 in a locker when I got back later the 6800 wouldn't work.

I opened up the battery compartment and there were a few drops of water in it. I dried it out but it wouldn't stay powered up.

I took it home and charged it up. It then powered up.

However now it just spazes out and reboots at random times, it could be on for an hour and never reboot, and then sometimes it will reboot and just keep rebooting over and over again. Sometimes it wont even finish rebooting before it reboots again.

I dropped the software back to the current Sprint software but I know its not a software issue, as sometime it reboots before the software even starts loading. I even hard reset the unit a few times just to make sure.

I took out my extended battery and put in the one that came with the phone and it does the same thing. I also removed the memory card with no luck.

I am on SERO which I thought had the hardware warranty, but after checking my account it does not. I dont really want to spend $600 on another 6800. Nor do I want to upgrade to a Touch, I like the slide out keyboard.

Any thoughts of suggestions?

I am pretty sure you can get TEP. It is only $7/mo. Wait a few days after you sign up and file a claim on your phone for damage. They should send you a brand new one, but you'll have to send the old one back.

I dunno about adding TEP anymore after the fact. I thought sprint cracked down on that after 30 day windows expired.

Btw, I have a quick question. What program is everyone using to back up their settings and data when they do the Rom upgrades? Obviously, I just want to keep my IE favs, email account settings etc. I don't want the registry or anything to be restored necessarily after I flash to a different Rom.

Well Scott I got mine off Ebay for like $310 so you might check there and it was new.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts