Got call from D* to come back. Will have 150 HD by March!?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You would be surprised how much of this comes out of D* call center. Don't assume D* isn't behind it.

D* is very careful in their press releases to talk about "capacity for 150 national HD channels" (that's 75 per satellite). I don't think anyone can see there actually being 150 national HD channels available for DirecTV to transmit, but we'll see.

And there's no doubt a lot of the misinformation comes from DirecTV CSRs. You might subscribe to conspiracy theory, but I don't think the Customer Service organization is clever enough to do that!

D* is very careful in their press releases to talk about "capacity for 150 national HD channels" (that's 75 per satellite). I don't think anyone can see there actually being 150 national HD channels available for DirecTV to transmit, but we'll see.

And there's no doubt a lot of the misinformation comes from DirecTV CSRs. You might subscribe to conspiracy theory, but I don't think the Customer Service organization is clever enough to do that!

I can promise you there will be, wont be March - But the temp outside will be warm.

We have another cryptic mystic! LOL! Reminds me of an old saying (but I will change it slightly for the kids).

"Post, or get off the pot!"

:p

I dont need to post things to get a rouse or the absolutle truth for business and for personal satisfaction. Directv Has a solid reputation and is the leading Sat provider...That by itself is enough to give you truth here, which is what i did...Possibly this summer you could see those channels coming in to play with the new channel line up. Dates dont do anything but dissappoint people..Directv is way to huge to be wasting money and telling people these things if we werent already moving forward to doing it soon anyways. But ill be glad to put that in my PIPE and smoke it while im watching HD CNN this summer.

Just remember somebody out there loves ya.

I just got a call from D* wanting me to come back. He asked the reason why I left. And I told him the PQ of the HD channels. He told me they have a new HD STB that takes care of the PQ. Also, they have 20 HD channels now which was more than anyone else. I was to tired to argue with him about what he was saying.

Anyways, he said if I would come back he would give me the STB (not DVR) for free, knock $10.00 off my monthly bill for a year and give me the premium channels two months for free. And he told me that no one knows about this but the 1st of March they are going to have 150 HD channels. Needless to say I just grin to myself.

He was very polite until I told him I will just wait a little while and see what happens. If they get the best PQ then I'll come back. That's when he got a little bit rude. He said if I didn't take his deal now it will cost a lot more after they add the 150 hd channels in a few days. I said no thanks and he said well that's your call if you want to pay more money in the future, thank you, goodbye.

I should of wrote down his name and found out how I could get back in touch with him. If March comes and goes without the new channels (where is there 150 channels for me out there) I could call him back and ask what happened.

Cool...they've got a receiver that takes care of the downrezzing and bitstarving! Scccchhwweeeet!!

Mr. DirecTV (if that is your real name)

I didn't say I was not in agreement, in fact that same thing has been posted already by likely 20 - 40 others over the last 6mos. I was only alluding to yet another post/poster with the cryptic prognostication writing style that only echoes what everyone else is saying/has said; while giving the illusion of "being direct from the horse's mouth"; no offense was intended. It was just funny. Thus the smiley.

Mr. DirecTV (if that is your real name)

I didn't say I was not in agreement, in fact that same thing has been posted already by likely 20 - 40 others over the last 6mos. I was only alluding to yet another post/poster with the cryptic prognostication writing style that only echoes what everyone else is saying/has said; while giving the illusion of "being direct from the horse's mouth"; no offense was intended. It was just funny. Thus the smiley.

Its cool i wasnt mad, i just get tired of the Bashing of Directv all the time. I work at DTV im an account sup/Teamlead for directv. I'd give my name but i dont need the unwanted trouble.

I dont need to post things to get a rouse or the absolutle truth for business and for personal satisfaction. Directv Has a solid reputation and is the leading Sat provider...That by itself is enough to give you truth here, which is what i did...Possibly this summer you could see those channels coming in to play with the new channel line up. Dates dont do anything but dissappoint people..Directv is way to huge to be wasting money and telling people these things if we werent already moving forward to doing it soon anyways. But ill be glad to put that in my PIPE and smoke it while im watching HD CNN this summer.

Just remember somebody out there loves ya.

You mean you will be watching CNN in the fall since that when the channels goes online. That from CNN mouth.

wait - We did have a couple of cold days so far. ;)

I just got back from visiting my Mom in Oakland Park. Nice and warm, just a little rain. Pretty nice if you ask me, especially compared to CT weather!

This 150 channel thing is going to be a real bad marketing failure if DTV10 or 11 fails to reach orbit, unfold its solar panels, uplink, downlink, stabilize in geosync orbit, etc.

I wonder how their confidence is doing given that annoying incident with Sea Launch. DirecTV 11 might want to carry pre-orbit insertion insurance?

it's all hopes and dreams for DirecTV at this point ;0 150 channels don't even exist and if they did the one company who can do this the easiest (better mpeg4 encoders, and a WHACK load of free space on their satts (121,105 and the 10 new slots they got permission for based on the reverse polarity DBS expansion range) is Dish. Dish will always lead in capacity. DirecTV may have a few more customers, but it certainly does not mean they have the better quality product... They simply don't and are unlikely to do so in the near future, D10 & D11 or not ;0 They were asleep at the wheel while charlie bought up ever conus slot he could get his hands on and Directv is forced to do a KA solution... How do you think they will ever have enough space doing that ;0 ?????? They will be forced to do HD lite and other quality loss methods for a long time to come yet! ;0

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)