Got dg380 setup now how to share

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
Hi, I set my my newly found channelmaster 1.0 with a dg380. I turned the mount up side down and added a piece of a 2" pvc as a shim. Have it receiving sats from 129 to 83 so far that I have found.
Love it works good. I have 3 receivers in 3 different rooms of the house.
I have other stationary dishes setup on ku and c band. All running into zinwells then to 1 x 4 diseqc switches. All but c band are working and I would like to add
the motorized dish to the zinwells so I can watch what the motorized dish is pointed at in other rooms. Any suggestion on how to do this?
I have a dual universal ku lnbf on the motorized dish. 2 ports and have a free zinwell 6 x 8 available. I have a question about some issue in c band area also.
Do I need to make 2 satellites for each bird one for v and one for h.
And which is v and which is h. 13 or 18? I wonder if I can just run 2 coax from the lnbf to zinwell and leave the cable from receiver direct from the motor. And pick up the signal from the zinwell.
thanks in advance

Contrats on that fine dish... and an excellent choice of motors.
Get up some pictures! I'm sure that'll make Sadoun happy, too! :)

Lot of questions, but let me address a couple -

See this post in the Switches Simplified FAQ for encouragement.

Problem is, the dual-output Universal Ku on your motorized dish already has 22khz switching built into it.
So, either that LNB needs to be Standard, or -that- multiswitch needs to be 2x4 (or 2x8).

That's a "no" on making two birds, one for Vert, and one for Horiz.
I don't like that sort of work-around, and you can avoid the complexity.
13 volts = Vertical
18 volts = Horizontal

You realize of course, that the Zinwells you have, are only useful as 4x8 multiswitches.
Don't try using the other two inputs for anything.
That understood, they're certainly fine for the job.

Ya confused me by mixing questions about Ku with C-band, so let's see where we are and then go from there. - :up

Contrats on that fine dish... and an excellent choice of motors.
Get up some pictures! I'm sure that'll make Sadoun happy, too! :)

Lot of questions, but let me address a couple -

See this post in the Switches Simplified FAQ for encouragement.

Problem is, the dual-output Universal Ku on your motorized dish already has 22khz switching built into it.
So, either that LNB needs to be Standard, or -that- multiswitch needs to be 2x4 (or 2x8).

That's a "no" on making two birds, one for Vert, and one for Horiz.
I don't like that sort of work-around, and you can avoid the complexity.
13 volts = Vertical
18 volts = Horizontal

You realize of course, that the Zinwells you have, are only useful as 4x8 multiswitches.
Don't try using the other two inputs for anything.
That understood, they're certainly fine for the job.

Ya confused me by mixing questions about Ku with C-band, so let's see where we are and then go from there. - :up

Hi Anole, yes I like the dish and motor. raining here right now so pictures will not be today.
I did not realize that the universal had built in 22khz. that throws a wrench to my setup. I do understand that the zinwell has only 4 usable ports. Ive been using a zinwell 6x8 for a few years already. I just got 4 more of them used at a good price. During the dish farm move I ran 110vac out there also just in case I have to go to powered switches in the future. I made a 2" x 2" board up at the closest pole and mounted all the 1 x4 diseqc and zinwells at. Have most of them wired but have to bury a few more runs to the dishes. I was in hope of using the dual universal. I guess I will have to order one more dual linear standard than I thought. I have a funeral to go to today and then to work so wont be getting much done on it yet today. Will get back when get back to work on it. thanks for the help.

Here are some pictures of the motorized 1.0 channelmaster. I would like to find a better spacer to fit between the motor tube and mount.
Setup was a snap. I had already tuned in sat 83 and my due south sat is 85 at same elevation. I took one of the magnetic degree finders and laid it on the top of the mount by where it bolts to the dish and found 85 1/2 degrees. Then I took the dish off the pole and mounted the motor on the pole with the lat on the motor set to my lat. I then just flipped the mount upside down on the dish and cut a piece of 2 inch pvc the length of the 2 3/8 mount on dish and tried to get it to go around the motor arm, no dice, then cut it in half and slid the dish up the motor shaft with help of my 2 sons. I put the magnetic angle finder back on the mount and loosened the mounts bolts enough to set the new angle of the mount to the 85 1/2 degrees. Then changed the lnb to a dual universal hooked up a receiver tuned to the transponder on the LIST for sat 85 and a portable tv to the motor. The motor was on zero and I just moved the motor on the pole a bit and had 85. I tightened the bolts up and it was done. I get sats from 83 to 129. Have not looked for others yet. Do need to get a dual standard lnb so I can hopefully set it up some how for the 2 other receivers to receive from. I will have the receiver that moves it in my shackroom.

Attachments

• DSC01168.JPG
    DSC01168.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 211
  • DSC01169.JPG
    DSC01169.JPG
    668.1 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC01171.JPG
    DSC01171.JPG
    915.2 KB · Views: 198
Cruzin;
I used a plastic piece to shim in my clamp also, and found that in the winter when the temperature went down, the plastic shrank significantly and the dish became loose. You are much further north from my location (Virginia), so you may have the problem also. Just check the tightness as winter comes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)