Got Installed! Overwhelmed! Need Help!

I assume the installer went with the Dish 1000.2 that was installed on Saturday and added the 61.5 wing dish in the front yard.

Guess he could have gone with the Dish1000.4 in the front yard and taken down the 1000.2, kinda crappy they didn't talk with you on Saturday and simply opted to give you no HD locals. Makes you wonder how many people they do this to and the other folks say these HD locals are crap, I'm going to DirecTV.

There's always plan B and move to BR, and take down the wing dish. But I wouldn't mess with it unless it bothers you a bunch.

That's right. Got a Dish 500 for the 61.5. He explained to me that because of a group of tall pine trees is why the .4 would not work and this was the only way. My wife hates it in the front yard but she's being cool about it for now. Might be taking the trees out if we can get a low bid then i can get the 1 dish set up.

Thanks for all your help.

I'll get back with you on the details about plan B.

Now....My Sports south and Fox south are not coming in. They show a Dish Network logo and some music playing. No programming in the guide either. Channels 420 and 437. Working fine on my 222k in the bedroom. Been chatting with tech support and they got it to work after 2 reboots and now it's back to nothing. What could be wrong here you think?

I'll get back with you on the details about plan B.

Now....My Sports south and Fox south are not coming in. They show a Dish Network logo and some music playing. No programming in the guide either. Channels 420 and 437. Working fine on my 222k in the bedroom. Been chatting with tech support and they got it to work after 2 reboots and now it's back to nothing. What could be wrong here you think?

If you have the SD version of the RSN locked out you won't see programing except for HD games. Dish only turns on the HD for games.

The RSN's don't have an HD feed 24/7. The dish logo w/ catchy smooth jazz music goes up on that channel any time that there is SD only programming.

I'm hoping that they change this to a simulcast soon so that I can take the SD versions of the RSN's out of my favorites list and leave just the HD ones. I know all the programming won't be in HD, I just want to be able to have only one entry in the guide per RSN channel (with the multi-sport pack, it makes the RSN section rather lengthy in the guide).

-SF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts