Got Installed! Overwhelmed! Need Help!

If you want to ignore the SD channels altogether that have HD counterparts - then go to menu-5-2 and lock all the duplicate channels and all the SD versions of the HD channels. Then lock the system and hide locked channels.

Then you'll have only what you really want to see in the channel list, save on searching through a bunch of junk (duplicates). That way it doesn't matter what guide mode you are in. Just don't lock a channel that you'd want to watch. As a general rule the channels above the 400's can be locked out (for me). You obviously don't want to lock the music channels if you want to keep them, but the 4 digit channels mostly have mapped down versions. It might be better to wait to do a thorough lock until after you really know what channels you want. The grouping in the 3 digit range is more sensible than in the 4 digit range (from my experience).

Obvious things to lock (for me) are: shopping, advertisement, BTV's, info's, unsubscribed movie channels, SD PPV, PPV sports, adult, duplicates, foreign language, all unsubscribed channels, the gay channel...

I definitely wouldn't put up with not having locals in HD when they are available. Stay on 'em, looks like the install company isn't that great.

If worse comes to worse... you could "move" your service address to Baton Rouge if they won't add a 61.5 wing dish. You are well within the spotbeam of the SD locals on 110 and HD locals on 129.

SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 110°W
SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 129°W

Then you could also put up an OTA rig and have the over the air locals too in your guide and be able to record 3 things at one time.

According to installer, my "issue" is with 67.1. I think he just wanted to do a quick job and only had that 1 dish on his truck. A 1000.2. Was supposed to get a 1000.4. There very well could be a LOS issue but i figured since I had HD locals with Directv, then it should work with Dish Network. Is that correct?

How can I move my service address to Baton Rouge without moving there?

It is one of those gray area things. If you are having a tech come out to your house, don't do it, since they will go to the wrong address. Search for moving here and you'll find tons of ways to do it.

Verify on the point dish screen you can get a signal from the locals you want. Find an address in the DMA you want (real estate sites work fine, just add a 1 to the address or something). Verify the locals the address will receive on DishNetwork.com. Login to your account and do the online chat. Tell them you moved temporarily to a new address for work and have your receiver setup and working, watching TV and want the locals for this area. 5 minutes later you'll be set.

But since you do have locals for your area I would just stay on top of them with the Jackson, MS locals. The moving thing is a plan B.

According to installer, my "issue" is with 67.1. I think he just wanted to do a quick job and only had that 1 dish on his truck. A 1000.2. Was supposed to get a 1000.4. There very well could be a LOS issue but i figured since I had HD locals with Directv, then it should work with Dish Network. Is that correct?

There is no satellite at 67. It's 61.5, 72.7, and 77 on the eastern ARC satellites. 61.5 has the Jackson, MS locals on a spotbeam in your area.

They can do two things. Either swap you to a 1000.4 and get rid of the 1000.2, or they can put a single dish pointing at 61.5 and connect it into the 1000.2 dish. This will give you 61.5/110/119/129.

Thanks for the moving info. Plan B for sure.

Since I got HD locals with Directv, So I should be getting my locals if I had the correct Dish? I don't have a LOS issue?

Thanks for the moving info. Plan B for sure.

Since I got HD locals with Directv, So I should be getting my locals if I had the correct Dish? I don't have a LOS issue?

Yep, if you are subscribed to the HD locals and have the correct dish, you'll see them. They will have the little HD logo behind the channel number.

No idea if you have a LOS issue...

I guess what I'm asking is that Directv HD locals and Dish HD locals aren't on the same sat? If they were I would not have an LOS issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts